Northern Italy - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
- Enjoy water activities such as sailing and kitesurfing while on a trip to Lake Como and Lago di Garda.
- Indulge in local cuisine and sample the famous alpine cheeses and sumptuous regional wines.
- Visit the five towns of Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore, all connected by scenic hiking trails.
- Explore the ruins and castles around Lake Garda, which includes the Roman ruins of Grotte di Catullo in Sirmione, the medieval castle of Scaliger in Malcesine, and the ancient fortified town of Peschiera del Garda.
- Tour the Dolomites to enjoy skiing and snowshoeing.
- Immerse yourself in the musical heritage at venues such as La Scala in Milan and La Fenice in Venice.
- Going on a Northern Italy tour between April-June and September-October means you can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds.
- Take time to explore the rich history and culture of this region. Visit the ruins and amphitheaters, explore famous music venues such as La Scala, and visit the many museums and galleries across Northern Italy.
- When in Italy, you must teach yourself some basic Italian words and phrases to communicate with the locals, as most of the people only speak in their native tongue.
- Your Northern Italy itinerary includes diverse destinations, so pack accordingly. Bringing clothes that can be layered can be a smart choice.
Immerse yourself in Italian culture, explore historical sites, and take in stunning natural beauty on a Northern Italy tour. This part of Italy is packed with many attractions and activities that draw travelers worldwide.
Check out our Italy travel guide to plan a dream holiday.
You can also contact our local travel experts to customize your trip to Italy.