A trip to Balearic Islands is a chance to spend your vacation in a bona fide Mediterranean paradise. This cluster of sun-bathed islands is abundant with pristine sand beaches and 5-star resorts boasting premium amenities. Once you take into consideration its overwhelming natural beauty and superior hospitality, it should come as no surprise that holidays in Balearic Islands are at the top of the list for hedonistic travelers from Europe and all over the world.
- Majorca is the biggest and most developed island in the archipelago. Its coasts are lined with long stretches of sand, while the hinterland is densely packed with rustic villages, olive groves and old country estates.
- Ibiza is the party capital of Balearic Islands. Home to a number of famous clubs and music festivals, Ibiza attracts fun-loving crowds all summer long. Away from flashing lights and pumping music, you'll find gorgeous beaches and sapphire sea.
- If you're looking to have a more laid back holiday, then Minorca is your best bet. It's notably smaller and less developed than Majorca; however, it has more beaches than two of its more famous siblings combined.
- The small island of Formentera is often overlooked by tourist crowds. And yet, this gorgeous little islet boasts serene nature, while crystal azure water is ripe for snorkeling, sailing and other kinds of aquatic adventures.
- The Balearic Islands are serviced with three airports: Palma de Majorca, Ibiza and Mahón. They operate flights from major Spanish cities (Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia) as well as several European capitals. The islands can also be reached via ship from Barcelona.
- Peak tourist season in the Balearic Islands is in the months of July and August. If you want to avoid scorching hot temperatures, hordes of tourists and dizzying accommodation prices, plan your stay in the months of May, June or September.
- If you plan on spending some time in Palma de Majorca, make sure to get a Palma Pass, which will allow you free admission to the city's most notable attractions, 10 gratis bus journeys, as well as various discounts in local shops and restaurants.