Unparalleled Roman ruins, stunning Islamic architecture, a wealth of history of great civilizations, unique culture, and edgy creativity are what define any trip to Spain. The country is full of rich and diverse landscapes. The Pyrenees are as majestic as any other mountain on the continent and are famous as one of the best-hiking destinations in Europe. Madrid and Barcelona always present a grand vibe and an incredible experience. The charming coves of the Mediterranean will truly make you fall in love and there are always quaint little villages that present an old-world European way of life to choose from.
- Dodge tomatoes at the annual food fight festival, La Tomatina, in Buñol
- See all of Gaudi’s distinctive architecture, from Park Güell in Barcelona to El Capricho in Comillas
- Grab a bite to eat at Mercat de la Boqueria, just off La Rambla in Barcelona
- Discover the world-renowned art, fashion, and architecture of Madrid
- Drink traditional Spanish red sangria
- Visit the sarcophagus of Christopher Columbus at the Catedral de Sevilla
- Spaniards are incredibly intimate and like to tell it as it is. Expect to be greeted with a kiss, even by strangers, and it’s not unusual to be interrupted as you speak.
- When dining out with friends, always opt for some paella. Arguably the most popular dish in Spain, it’s often cheaper to share by increasing the size of your paella than to order a separate meal.
- If you want to see the inside of the Sagrada Familia, be sure to buy your tickets online before you go. Only a certain number of people are allowed inside each day, and tickets sell out days in advance.
- Though there’s plenty to see on Spain’s mainland, its many islands are also worth visiting. Check out Ibiza for some incredible nightlife, Lanzarote for unique volcanic landscapes, or Fuerteventura for surfing.
- Promptness isn’t exactly a value in Spain. Spaniards tend to be very laid back and arrive late.
Spain has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Spain before booking your Spain tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Spain, do check out our Spain Travel Guide for more information.