A trip to Turkey is comparable to a visit to the largest open-air museum in the world. Turkey seduces you with its splendid architecture, a beautiful mix of the East and the West, a delightful culture that has been vastly influenced by the Romans and the Ottomans and some of the most delicious cuisines you’ll ever taste in your life.
The Turks are immensely proud of their rich history and culture. Turkey’s vantage point between Europe and Asia leaves it in a position to take in the best from both continents and present an immersive culture that always presents exceptional experiences. Soaking in an ancient hammam, exploring the legendary Silk Road, visiting historic ruins, tasting century-old cuisines and roaming around the streets of Istanbul can offer great insights into the culture of Turkey. Every day in Turkey makes you fall in love with something new. After all, what else would you expect from a land that is brimming with ancient bazaars, some of the greatest architectural wonders in the world, majestic mountains and silky beaches!
- Take the Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul and appreciate the city skyline dotted with spires of countless mosques.
- Tour the Historic Peninsula of Istanbul, which abounds with Byzantine and Turkish structures.
- Visit the Topkapi Sarayi in Istanbul, a longtime residence of the Ottoman sultans.
- Lay eyes on rich Christian and Islamic artwork in the splendid Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
- Discover Goreme in Cappadocia on foot and from the balloon. The region is an open-air museum renowned for interesting rock formations and Christian churches in cavities of large rocks.
- Enjoy calcium-filled waters that flow over white travertine terraces in Pamukkale, the mineral-bath spa. Pamukkale is the UNESCO site, located next to ancient Hierapolis, the Greco-Roman spa town.
- In the Turkish capital of Ankara, take a look at items and artifacts exhibited in the Anatolian Civilizations Museum.
- Visit spectacular and peaceful Oludeniz Beach and enjoy scuba diving, jet skiing and paragliding that reveals marvelous vistas.
- Turks are great hosts and you will be welcomed regardless of your background.
- Just pay attention not to show disrespect to national symbols and local customs and you shouldn’t have problems.
- Same sex relationships are still not fully accepted in Turkey. Try to avoid same sex PDA.
- ATMs are available in most cities. You won’t have trouble to use your credit and debit cards in the tourist resorts and cities.
- Traffic in Istanbul tends to be chaotic, so pay close attention when you cross the street.
Turkey has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit Turkey before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in Turkey, do check out our Turkey Travel Guide for more information.