- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stay in a variety of small, friendly hotels and pensions
- Walk in the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont Blanc
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery of this worldfamous route
- No camping
For those who like to enjoy the comfort of a bed every night we offer the Mont Blanc circuit as a fully accommodated walking holiday, with all nights spent in a variety of lodgings from family run 2 and 3-star hotels to basic inns or pensions. Again keeping to the ideal duration to complete the full route, we include 10 walking days and 3 rest days, in which time we cross the borders of Switzerland, Italy and France and enjoy unrivalled views of the Alps and Mont Blanc itself. The itinerary is essentially the same as on the camping version (trip code TWB); with your qualified International Mountain Leader (IML) guiding the way you still complete the famous circuit, and your baggage is transported for you by our support vehicle, but we offer the comfort of a bed in quaint, picturesque accommodations on route so you can enjoy your walking holiday in comfort. In most places we use a hotel for just one night, before moving on the next day, occasionally we settle in for a few nights and use local transport to take us to the next point of the circuit.
Day 1: Start Chamonix.
Day 2: Lac Blanc and the Grand Balcon Sud from Chamonix to les Frasserands
Day 3: Over Col de Balme into Switzerland; night at Col de la Forclaz.
Day 4: Follow Bovine Route to Champex.
Day 5: Head up the Val Ferret to La Fouly.
Day 6: Follow river La Drance; climb to the highest point of the tour at Grand Col
Ferret and into Italy. Overnight at La Palud.
Day 7: Rest day.
Day 8: Climb to Bonatti refuge and traverse high above the spectacular Ferret Valley
around Mont de la Saxe to Courmayeur.
Day 9: Cross the Col de la Seigne back to France, descend through la Ville des
Glaciers to Les Chapieux.
Day 10: Ascend to Col de la Croix du Bonhomme, then contour across to the Col du
Day 12: Over Col de Tricot to the Chamonix Valley; overnight at Les Houches.
Day 13: Best views of Mont Blanc today; long ascent to the Brevent, descend to
Day 14: Free day in Chamonix.
Day 15: End Chamonix.
- 14 nights hotels/pensions/village inns , All breakfasts, 10 picnic lunches, 12 hotel/restaurant dinners , All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 10 days point-to-point walking with baggage transfers
- 8 days challenging and 2 days moderate walking
- Altitude maximum 2537m, average 1525m
- Tour leader throughout (IML qualified)
- Any international flights to/from Chamonix are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 152+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 435 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 05 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.