- Walking tour
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stay in a variety of small, friendly hotels and pensions
- Walk in the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont Blanc
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery of this worldfamous route
- No camping
For those who like to enjoy the comfort of a bed every night we offer the Mont Blanc circuit as a fully accommodated walking holiday, with all nights spent in a variety of lodgings from family run 2 and 3-star hotels to basic inns or pensions. Again keeping to the ideal duration to complete the full route, we include 10 walking days and 3 rest days, in which time we cross the borders of Switzerland, Italy and France and enjoy unrivalled views of the Alps and Mont Blanc itself. The itinerary is essentially the same as on the camping version (trip code TWB); with your qualified International Mountain Leader (IML) guiding the way you still complete the famous circuit, and your baggage is transported for you by our support vehicle, but we offer the comfort of a bed in quaint, picturesque accommodations on route so you can enjoy your walking holiday in comfort. In most places we use a hotel for just one night, before moving on the next day, occasionally we settle in for a few nights and use local transport to take us to the next point of the circuit.
Day 1: Start Chamonix.
Day 2: Lac Blanc and the Grand Balcon Sud from Chamonix to les Frasserands
Day 3: Over Col de Balme into Switzerland; night at Col de la Forclaz.
Day 4: Follow Bovine Route to Champex.
Day 5: Head up the Val Ferret to La Fouly.
Day 6: Follow river La Drance; climb to the highest point of the tour at Grand Col
Ferret and into Italy. Overnight at La Palud.
Day 7: Rest day.
Day 8: Climb to Bonatti refuge and traverse high above the spectacular Ferret Valley
around Mont de la Saxe to Courmayeur.
Day 9: Cross the Col de la Seigne back to France, descend through la Ville des
Glaciers to Les Chapieux.
Day 10: Ascend to Col de la Croix du Bonhomme, then contour across to the Col du
Day 12: Over Col de Tricot to the Chamonix Valley; overnight at Les Houches.
Day 13: Best views of Mont Blanc today; long ascent to the Brevent, descend to
Day 14: Free day in Chamonix.
Day 15: End Chamonix.
- 14 nights hotels/pensions/village inns , All breakfasts, 10 picnic lunches, 12 hotel/restaurant dinners , All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 10 days point-to-point walking with baggage transfers
- 8 days challenging and 2 days moderate walking
- Altitude maximum 2537m, average 1525m
- Tour leader throughout (IML qualified)
- Any international flights to/from Chamonix are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tour du Mont Blanc Hotel Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- I am wondering about the lodging. Are there private bathrooms for some of the nights?
This tour looks like it goes in the opposite direction of other similar tours. What are the pros/cons of that?
The operator has created this itinerary after several years of experience. As specialists in adventure and active tours, they have discovered that trekking the route clockwise (like this tour) allows for quieter trails and avoids a tough ascent on the first couple of days. The views and walks are still just as beautiful in this direction. This trip is recommended to people who have more time, as it is longer than the usual trips so you really get to see everything!
How does the bag transfer work?
There will be a support vehicle with the group to transfer bags and other equipment so you will not be without your luggage. Please note that we must limit you to one item of luggage per person, weighing a maximum of 15kg per person to be carried in the support vehicle. Excess baggage can be left in the hotel store in Chamonix. You should pack your belongings in a sturdy kitbag or holdall; suitcases should not be used, as they cannot be packed easily in our support vehicle.
- Are single rooms available?