- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- Walk through glacial landscapes and soak in steaming hot springs.
- Step into Viking realms on a visit to a traditional turf house.
- Set out on a whalewatching excursion to seek out minke and humpback whales.
- Taste traditional Icelandic bread fresh from a geothermal bakery.
From glittering glaciers to black-sand beaches, Iceland’s wild landscapes will surprise and inspire travelers of all ages. Explore this subarctic isle’s natural and cultural treasures alongside our dynamic guides as you step behind the curtain of a spectacular waterfall or hike to the edge of a volcanic crater. Descend inside a lava tunnel, delve into Viking history, or opt to try your hand at riding hardy Icelandic horses.
Day 1: Reykjavík
Day 2: Reykjavík
Day 3: Hveragerði
Day 4: Golden Circle
Day 5: South Coast
Day 6: Westman Islands/Vík
Day 7: Reykjavík
Day 8: Reykjavík
- Hotels (7 nts)
7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD360-470 for meals not included.
- Private minivan/bus, boat, walking
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, local guides.
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Horse Farm Visit, Hveragerði
- Your Foodie Moment: Geothermal Bakery Visit, Laugarvatn
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Skogar Open Air Museum, Hveragerði
- Your Wellness Moment: Blue Lagoon Visit, Grindavík
- Arrival transfer
- Perlan Museum visit
- Whale watching tour
- Visit a horse farm
- Lava tunnel visit
- Golden Circle tour including Thingvellir National Park, Gulfoss waterfall and Geysir Hot Springs
- Skogafoss waterfall picnic lunch
- Visit a Black Sand Beach
- Westman Islands excursion
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Blue Lagoon admission
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Family Journey: Geysers, Glaciers, and Fjords tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 200 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 133 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Iceland Family Journey: Geysers, Glaciers, and Fjords tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Family Journey: Geysers, Glaciers, and Fjords tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic Family JourneysTrips for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.