- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek to Lares Valley through stunning scenery including mountains and waterfalls
- Soak in the hot springs
- Experience a short, oneday version of the famed Inca Trail
- Explore Machu Picchu and have a guided tour
Start the trip from Cusco where we will drive to Pumahuanca to begin a 3-day, 2-night trek on the Lares Trail to Lares Valley. This alternative trek reveals the highlights of Peru from 600 years ago. While hiking, you will be surrounded by wild mountains, lagoons, and waterfalls and encounter indigenous people as well as llamas and alpacas in their natural habitats. Enjoy hot springs, a camping experience with your own personal cook, and stunning views.
Take time to explore Ollantaytambo before hitting the Inca Trail and trekking to Machu Picchu on day 4 and then end your trip with a guided tour of Machu Picchu before we bring you back to Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco - Pumahuanca - Cuyoc
Day 2: Cuyoc - Lares pass - Cuncany
Day 3: Cuncany - Hot spring - Ollntaytambo hotel
Day 4: Ollantaytambo - One day inca trail - Machu Picchu
Day 5: Machu Picchu Guided tour - Back to Cusco Hotel
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- Horses to carry goods
- Cook and personal staff
- Tour guide
- Train tickets
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu fee
- Camping equipment and tents
- Private van
- First day breakfast
- Day 3 and 4 dinner
- Sleeping bags
- Walking poles
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.