- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3489
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Spend time wandering through the artisan stalls of the Mercado Municipal de Artesanias in San Jose – Costa Rica’s cultural heart. With plenty of time to stop for a refresco (smoothie), this isa good opportunity to people-watch.
- Lend a hand at a farmstay outside of Santa Rosa de Pocosol and learn some home-cooked recipes and techniques from the locals on a visit to the Juanilama agricultural community.
- Marvel at the size and stature of the Arenal Volcano on the horizon, maybe taking a soak and relaxing in La Fortuna’s lava-heated thermal springs.
- Try to spot the elusive resplendent quetzal when you’re exploring Monteverde’s steamy cloud forests. Better yet, why not consider a jungle zip-line to get high in the sky for the best views?
- With plenty of time to chill out at your own pace, Quepos’ surf vibe is ideal for catching some waves, lazing on the white-sand beaches or hiking the lush trails of Manuel Antonio with your travel pals.
Discover a region of natural diversity, cultural riches and laidback vibes on a nine-day jungle jaunt through Costa Rica. Thanks to a longstanding tradition of preserving its natural assets, much of the country’s primary rainforest still stands. Opportunities for nature-based activities are endless here and the beaches on both coasts are well worth your free time. Kick back in the rustic beach town of Quepos, explore the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde and get to know the locals by lending a hand on a rural farmstay near Santa Rosa de Pocosol. Explore the depths of this colourful and vibrant country with plenty of time to make this trip your own.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Santa Rosa de Pocosol
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Quepos
Day 7: Quepos - Manuel Antonio NP
Day 8: San Jose
Day 9: San Jose
- Hotel (7 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Boat , Public Transportation
- An expert tour leader
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Home-cooked Meal
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Homestay experience
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Monteverde - Cloud Forest Entrance
- Manuel Antonio - Cooking Class & Lunch
- Manuel Antonio National Park - (Entrance fee)
- Manuel Antonio National Park - Tour with a Naturalist Guide
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. World Nomads' travel insurance has been designed by travelers for travelers.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. World Nomads offers travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families.Visa
For this Costa Rica Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Many of the activities (both included and optional) on this trip take place in the great outdoors. This means you'll need to be prepared to deal with insects and occasionally rustic conditions. It's all part of immersing yourself in this natural paradise.
- Costa Rica is generally hot year-round, and from May to October can be pretty wet too. Of course, you wouldn't get that gorgeous, emerald-green rainforest without the rain, but please carefully consider which time of the year you'll feel most comfortable travelling.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure. Some of the optional activities require a moderate level of fitness and sturdy walking shoes. If you'd prefer to take it easy, however, there are plenty of other things you can do instead.
- The homestay is a wonderful opportunity to witness everyday local life. A hearty homecooked dinner and breakfast will be served during your stay, which can be a lot more basic than what you're used to.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in other Central American countries for a lot of things.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.