- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3489
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- San Jose is Costa Rica’s cultural heart. Spend time wandering through the artisan stalls of the main Plaza de la Cultura, with plenty of time to stop for a refresco (smoothie) and to do some people watching.
- Lend a hand at a farmstay outside of Santa Rosa de Pocosol, and learn some homecooked recipes and techniques from the locals on a visit to the Juanilama agricultural community.
- Marvel at the size and stature of the Arenal Volcano on the horizon, perhaps taking a soak and relaxing in La Fortuna’s lavaheated thermal springs.
- Try to spot the elusive resplendent quetzal when you’re exploring Monteverde’s steamy cloud forests. Better yet, why not consider a jungle zipline to get high in the sky?
- With plenty of time to chill out at your own pace, Quepos’ surf vibe is ideal for catching some waves, lazing on the whitesand beaches or hiking the lush trails of Manuel Antonio with your travel pals.
Discover a region of natural diversity, cultural riches and laidback vibes on a nine-day jungle jaunt through Costa Rica. Thanks to a longstanding tradition of preserving its natural assets, much of the country’s primary rainforest still stands, opportunities for nature-based adventures are endless and the beaches on both coasts are nothing short of picturesque. Kick back in the rustic beach town of Quepos, explore the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde, and get to know the locals by lending a hand on a rural farmstay near Santa Rosa de Pocosol. Explore the depths of this colourful and vibrant country with plenty of time to make this trip your own.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Santa Rosa de Pocosol
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Quepos
Day 7: Quepos - Manuel Antonio NP
Day 8: San Jose
Day 9: San Jose
- Hotel (7 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Boat , Public Transportation
- An expert tour leader
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Home-cooked Meal
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Homestay experience
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Monteverde - Cloud Forest leader-led Nature Hike
- Manuel Antonio – Cooking Class & Lunch
- Manuel Antonio National Park - (Entrance fee)
- Manuel Antonio National Park - Leader-led Nature Walk
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Experience tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Experience tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 October 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Many of the activities (both included and optional) on this trip take place in the great outdoors. This means you'll need to be prepared to deal with insects and occasionally rustic conditions. It's all part of immersing yourself in this natural paradise.
- Costa Rica is generally hot year-round, and from May to October can be pretty wet too. Of course, you wouldn't get that gorgeous, emerald-green rainforest without the rain, but please carefully consider which time of the year you'll feel most comfortable travelling.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure. Some of the optional activities require a moderate level of fitness and sturdy walking shoes. If you'd prefer to take it easy, however, there are plenty of other things you can do instead.
- The homestay is a wonderful opportunity to witness everyday local life. A hearty homecooked dinner and breakfast will be served during your stay, which can be a lot more basic than what you're used to.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in other Central American countries for a lot of things.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Finish point instructions
Alternate Joining point instructions
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions