- Swap the concrete jungle for real jungle on this trip into the rainforests, waterways, hot springs and palmlined beaches of Costa Rica.
- Longnosed tapirs, whitefaced capuchin monkeys, elegant ocelots and threetoed sloths – Costa Rica is home to exotic animals, and this trip puts you in the perfect position to spot them all.
- Go deeper than the average tourist with a homestay in a quiet agricultural community; the perfect opportunity to experience local life and practice your Spanish.
- Refresh after jungle hikes spotting endemic wildlife in the rejuvenating hot springs of volcanic La Fortuna.
- Begin and end your trip in Costa Rica’s lively capital, San Jose, where you’ll see a more urban side of the country.
Discover incredible, lush Costa Rica, and understand why this part of the world is called the ‘rich coast’. This 15-day adventure, beginning and ending in lively San Jose, will provide you a comprehensive journey through the jungles, farmlands, beaches and cities of this pure Central American location. Stay with a local family in Santa Rosa de Pocosol and get your hands dirty on a sustainable farm. Soak in springs that get their heat from an active volcano in La Fortuna. Spot three-toed sloths in the thickets of the Manuel Antonio National Park, then relax beneath swaying palms on the nearby beaches. This adventure takes you into the heart of a country whose people are all about a ‘pura vida’.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Tortuguero National Park
Day 3: Tortuguero National Park
Day 4: Santa Rosa de Pocosol Homestay
Day 5: Tenorio Volcano National Park - Rio Celeste
Day 6: Rio Celeste
Day 7: La Fortuna
Day 8: La Fortuna
Day 9: Lake Arenal - Monteverde
Day 10: Monteverde
Day 11: Manuel Antonio
Day 12: Manuel Antonio
Day 13: Manuel Antonio
Day 14: San Jose
Day 15: San Jose
- Hotel (7 nights), Lodge (6 nights), Homestay (1 night)
- 5 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Public Transportation , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Tortuguero - Boat ride to Tortuguero National Park
- Tortuguero - National Park (Entrance Fee)
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Home-cooked Meal
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol - Homestay experience
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Guatuso - Maleku Community Experience
- Monteverde - Cloud Forest leader-led Nature Hike
- Manuel Antonio – Cooking Class & Lunch
- Manuel Antonio National Park - (Entrance fee)
- Manuel Antonio National Park - Leader-led Nature Walk
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Many of the activities (both included and optional) on this trip take place in the great outdoors. This means you'll need to be prepared to deal with insects and occasionally rustic conditions. It's all part of immersing yourself in this natural paradise.
- Costa Rica is generally hot year-round, and from May to October can be pretty wet too. Of course, you wouldn't get that gorgeous, emerald-green rainforest without the rain, but please carefully consider which time of the year you'll feel most comfortable travelling.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure. Some of the optional activities require a moderate level of fitness and sturdy walking shoes. If you'd prefer to take it easy, however, there are plenty of other things you can do instead.
- The homestay is a wonderful opportunity to witness everyday local life. A hearty homecooked dinner and breakfast will be served during your stay, which can be a lot more basic than what you're used to.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in mainland USA for a lot of things.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions