- duration 10 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Cycling from the Pyrenees
- Visiting Pamplona, Burgos and Leon
- Exploring interesting pilgrimage towns and villages
- Experiencing the terrific sense of camaraderie on the trail
Cycle from Roncesvalles to Leon as you ride back through history along the Camino de Santiago. For more than 1000 years the Camino de Santiago (or Way of St James / Compostela Trail) has represented the adventure of a lifetime for pilgrims and history buffs alike. While the 783km French route from Roncesvalles to the Cathedral of Santiago has been well trodden by hiking boots and horse hooves through the centuries in more recent times the pilgrimage route has become a natural magnet for cyclists seeking out iconic routes. Beginning in the foothills of the Pyrenees and continuing along the Camino to the historic cathedral city of Leon, this exhilarating ride, which is the first half of the full cycle route along the Spanish Camino, takes in some of the most breathtaking landscapes, unique monuments and typical villages of northern Spain. En route, step out of the saddle to savour the rich Spanish gastronomy, experiencing traditional regional cuisine and excellent wines. Each night you'll stay in atmospheric hotels offering comfort at the end of a hard day's cycle which is intrinsic to this historic adventure.
Day 1 : Arrive Roncesvalles
Day 2 : Cycle via Akerreta Zubiri to Pamplona (42km/26mi)
Day 3 : Cycle via Puente la Reina and medieval Cirauqui to Estella (42km/26mi)
Day 4 : Via Monjardin Villamayor to Logroño (50km/31mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to Santo Domingo de la Calzada (49km/29.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle to the city of Burgos (72km/44.5mi)
Day 7 : Across the meseta to Fromista (66km/41mi)
Day 8 : Cycle to Sahagun (60km/37mi)
Day 9 : On to historic Leon (58km/36mi)
Day 10 : Trip concludes
- 9 nights in hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (it is possible to start this tour in St Jean Pied de Port, on foot from St Jean to Roncesvalles across the Pyrenees - a supplement applies, see 'special notes' below)
- Information pack including maps and road book per room booked
- 9 breakfasts, 9 dinners - Continental breakfasts are served and will often consist of breads, spreads, yoghurt, cheese, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by chicken, red meat, fish or a pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes.
- Luggage transfer (1 bag of 20kg max pp - additional bags and excess weight will attract a surcharge)
- Mountain bike rental (standard model or hybrid touring bike on request) with repair kit, lock, panniers, water bottle, pump & helmet (gel saddle, toe clips, SPD pedals, MTB e-bikes and Upgraded or Premium model MTBs available - supplement applies)
- Emergency hotline
- Pilgrim's Passport
- Travel to Roncesvalles and from Leon
- Lunches and beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to sights and museums
- Travel Insurance
- Toe clips, gel saddle, SPD pedals - please ask for our rates
- Excess baggage charges - please advise us if you will have more than one bag weighing a max of 20kgs as extra charges will apply for additional pieces of luggage. Please do not tie smaller bags onto your main luggage as we only include one bag and they will be charged as an extra bag. Charges will be higher if not paid when final balance for your trip is due.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 100 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 66 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 30 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Spanish Camino by Bike: The Pyrenees to Leon tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spanish Camino by Bike: The Pyrenees to Leon tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.