- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes and black sand beaches, and consider adding on a visit to the renowned Blue Lagoon for a soak in the geothermal springs.
- Spend the evening at the quirky farm town of Modrudalur – an isolated settlement and the highest inhabited place in Iceland.
- Walk to the mottled blue, grey and black tongue of Vatnajokull glacier – an ice cap so large it covers eight per cent of the country – and discover the incredible Skogafoss Waterfall.
- Glide past bluewhite icebergs on an included boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert.
Travel to Iceland and delve into the ancient tales of Vikings and volcanoes on this eight-day adventure to its heartlands. Marvel at geothermal hot springs, witness the steamy eruptions of a giant geyser, touch the tongue of Europe's biggest glacier at Vatnajokull and cruise the Jokulsarlong Glacial Lagoon, see lava that's still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their splendour. Travel through Iceland's isolated corners and the land of the famous Blue Lagoon – so mysterious and ethereal that they have inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. Plus, with a local leader on hand to answer any questions and get you from place to place, you’ll be cruising around this icy isle in no time.
Day 1: Reykjavik
Day 2: Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Valley
Day 3: South Coast / Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon
Day 4: East Fjords / Egilsstadir
Day 5: Seydisfjordur / Modrudalur Valley
Day 6: Lake Myvatn
Day 7: Akureyri / Gauksmyri
Day 8: Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Guesthouse & Farm Stay (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Private minibus with free Wi-Fi
- An expert tour leader
- Hvolsvollur Valley - Responsible Travel Tree Planting Activity
- Seljalandsfoss - Waterfall Visit
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle - Gullfoss Waterfall
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park
- Skogafoss - Waterfall Visit
- South Coast - Rocks of Reynisfjara
- East Fjords - Scenic Drive with Stops at Djupivogur & Egilsstadir
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon Boat Tour
- Myvatn - Namaskard Boiling Mud Pools, Dimmuborgir & Skutustadir Crater Group
- Dettifoss - Waterfall Visit
- Myvatn - Lake Myvatn
- Godafoss - Waterfall Visit
- Akureyri - Walking Tour
- Snaefellsnes National Park
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 21 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iceland Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- A remote location and high-performing currency are just two reasons Iceland can be an expensive destination. This affects things like museum entrance fees and outdoor activities, but is especially noticeable when eating out. Your leader will be able to advise on how to save money, but in remote areas the only option for dinner will be at the guesthouse we are staying at. Please stock up on food at a supermarket prior to arrival if you would like to opt out eating at the guesthouse's restaurant.
- The extremity of the weather makes for incredible scenery, but it also means Iceland can be very cold, especially at the start and end of the season and at night. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions. On the rare occasion where your leader must alter the itinerary due to the weather, an alternative will be offered.
- In order to access what’s off the beaten track, a few long drives are in order. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, solo travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. Please note that a single supplement is not available on this trip. For those travelling as a duo, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. In some cases, bathroom facilities will be shared rather than ensuite.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal