- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes and black sand beaches, and consider adding on a visit to the renowned Blue Lagoon for a soak in the geothermal springs.
- Spend the evening at the quirky farm town of Modrudalur – an isolated settlement and the highest inhabited place in Iceland.
- Walk to the mottled blue, grey and black tongue of Vatnajokull glacier – an ice cap so large it covers eight per cent of the country – and discover the incredible Skogafoss Waterfall.
- Glide past bluewhite icebergs on an included boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert.
Travel to Iceland and delve into the ancient tales of Vikings and volcanoes on this eight-day adventure to its heartlands. Marvel at geothermal hot springs, witness the steamy eruptions of a giant geyser, touch the tongue of Europe's biggest glacier at Vatnajokull and cruise the Jokulsarlong Glacial Lagoon, see lava that's still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their splendour. Travel through Iceland's isolated corners and the land of the famous Blue Lagoon – so mysterious and ethereal that they have inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. Plus, with a local leader on hand to answer any questions and get you from place to place, you’ll be cruising around this icy isle in no time.
Day 1: Reykjavik
Day 2: Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Valley
Day 3: South Coast / Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon
Day 4: East Fjords / Egilsstadir
Day 5: Seydisfjordur / Modrudalur Valley
Day 6: Lake Myvatn
Day 7: Akureyri / Gauksmyri
Day 8: Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Guesthouse & Farm Stay (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- Private minibus with free Wi-Fi
- Hvolsvollur Valley - Responsible Travel Tree Planting Activity
- Seljalandsfoss - Waterfall Visit
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle - Gullfoss Waterfall
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park
- Skogafoss - Waterfall Visit
- South Coast - Rocks of Reynisfjara
- East Fjords - Scenic Drive with Stops at Djupivogur & Egilsstadir
- Jokulsarlon - Glacier Lagoon Boat Tour
- Myvatn - Namaskard Boiling Mud Pools, Dimmuborgir & Skutustadir Crater Group
- Dettifoss - Waterfall Visit
- Myvatn - Lake Myvatn
- Godafoss - Waterfall Visit
- Akureyri - Walking Tour
- Snaefellsnes National Park
- Any international flights to/from Reykjavik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iceland Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 98+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iceland Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 04 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iceland Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iceland Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal