- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness spectacular landscapes and mountain views
- Staying at the comfortable Eco Quechua lodge featuring authentic Peruvian hospitality
Mesmerizing and mystical, the legend of Machu Picchu may never be fully unraveled. On a six day journey to the heart of it all, lace up those hiking boots to follow Eco Quechua Lodge along overgrown jungle trails, past hidden ruins, and through vibrant Andean communities to the Lost City of the Incas.
"WALKING IS THE SPEED WE WERE CREATED TO USE WHEN TRAVELING THROUGH LIFE."
- JORGEN JOHANSSON, BACKPACKER
The story begins in Cusco on the cobblestone streets that weave between the city's Spanish colonial churches and plazas. Once the beating pulse of the Incan Empire, it now serves as a historic and archeological prelude where the shops and markets that line the city streets expose ancient traditions and timeless customs.
After two days of urban exploration, it's time to hit the trail. Meander from the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes via the Malaga Pass, taking time off between two trekking days for a little relaxation. As the elevation rises, well-trod trails reveal unsullied views of the snow-capped Andes and verdant jungle canopies - rewards well worth the effort.
Tucked into the surrounding scenery, the Eco Quechua Lodge is a welcome respite from all that treking. Revive tired muscles with a soak in the nearby hot springs or jolt the senses with a cup of locally grown organic coffee before making the final ascent to the legendary Lost City of Machu Picchu.
Toes still tingling from the excitement - and all that walking - board the plane back home with a weary smile, still entranced by the memory of your time on the trail.
Day 1: Cusco – Chinchero
Day 2: Cusco
Day 3: Chinchero, Sacred Valley, Abra Malaga, Santa Teresa
Day 4: Eco Quechua Lodge (1, 530m)
Day 5: EQL, Llacta Pata Inca Trail, Aguas Calientes
Day 6: Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Transportation from Cusco and drop off in Cusco.
- Jungle trail trekking tour or ground transportation to the lodge (depending on your preference).
- Service of a bilingual guide (Spanish/English) from day 1 to the last day of the tour.
- All meals except breakfast on the first day and the last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
- Your stay at Eco Quechua Lodge
- Transportation to the Colcamayo (Santa Teresa) hot springs and entrance fee.
- Llactapata Inca Trail
- Coffee tour.
- Guided visit of Machupicchu Sanctuary (includes entrance fee and transportation to the site).
- Train transportation (Hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes, and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo).
- At the lodge we provide filtered water, local coffee, tea and local organic seasonal fruits free of charge.
- In an effort to reduce plastic waste on the trail and
- at the lodge we encourage guests to use refillable water bottles. For this purpose we provide an ample supply of the highest-quality filtered water.
- Meals not specified, tips, optional tours, other expenses and services not specified on this itinerary.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.