- Sightseeing tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- Hike the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in only one day
- Enjoy a breathtaking train ride towards the trailhead
- Witness Machu Picchu twice, while hiking and then on a guided tour
- Enter Machu Picchu directly through the Sun Gate (Intipunku)
Start with a dream train ride to the checkpoint going from the Sacred Valley to the rainforest. Start at kilometer 104 instead of kilometer 82 while still ensuring you get a taste of the stunning natural environment offered by the cloud forest. Hike along the Inca Trail and enjoy the chance to see Machu Picchu twice. Visit the ancient archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna and enter Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate to end up in Aguas Calientes before your big tour on the second day. Discover this excellent short version of the Inca Trail!
Day 1: Inka trail short version hike
Day 2: Machu Picchu
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner. We cater to all diets.
- Transportation: 2 train rides to get to the trailhead and back to Cusco, and pick-up and drop off
- Night at a 3-star hotel
- Trekking guides
- All entrance fees
- Satellite phone access for safety
- First aid kit and oxygen tank
- Walking sticks
- Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Machu Picchu Mountain
- Accomodation before and after the experience
- Travel insurance (advisable)
- Earn US$ 19+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWhat kind of gear do I need to bring? This trek will be a multi-day hike which means that you will need trekking gear such as trekking boots, trekking pants, waterproof jackets and hat, trekking socks, walking sticks, base layers, a trekking backpack, etc. We have a full packing list page to recommend exactly what to bring so this experience gets to be more comfortable. Is this trek family-friendly? Yes, we recommend this one as a family option because it only involves one day of hiking and the security of being close to Aguas Calientes town is perfect to secure everyone’s wellbeing. However, the answer to this is a case-by-case basis based on the age(s) and health of your family members. How does the short version of the Inca Trail work? The short version of the Inca Trail works the same as the classic one, it requires a permit which is provided by the government. Spaces can get sold out as well, only 500 people per day. Instead of starting in Km 82, this version starts in Km 104 to go directly to Wiñay Wayna ruins, the Sun Gate and then Machu Picchu, to go to Aguas Calientes to take some rest and get ready for the Machu Picchu guided tour the next day. Is the short version easier? The length is considerably shorter and the highest point is not as high as for the Classic version but it will demand some physical effort, nothing that can’t be done with patience and help from our staff. Which version is better? We can’t tell which one is better because these two versions are different, one’s longer than the other so it depends a lot on the time that the client has. If time’s not an issue the classic version is perfect but if you are on a schedule, the short version can be a great answer. Both of them have different highlights and different kinds of beauty, which one is better, is up to your decision What’s the total distance I’m going to hike? 12 kilometers /7 miles