- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Mountain biking
- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 36
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycling in the Southern Dalmatian islands with dramatic scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Korcula with its beautiful old township
- Enjoying the stunning views after each rewarding cycle
Journey through the charming chain of islands in Southern Dalmatia by bike and boat. Southern Dalmatia encompasses a stunning chain of islands stretching from Solta to Mljet, and this unique cycling trip captures the highlights with an ideal balance of activity, culture and relaxation. Experience the beautiful island of Korcula with its picturesque old town and the lavender island of Hvar with its Venetian architecture. Experience the exhilaration of rafting the Cetina River (optional activity) and cycle through Brac, famous for its radiant limestone. In the company of a cycling guide, this stimulating journey explores towns and landscapes, many of which are on UNESCO's World Heritage list. Aboard the comfortably appointed motor yacht, there is ample time between cycles to swim in the azure waters and soak up the ambience of seaside towns.
Day 1 : Arrive Split, board the boat at Trogir (2pm), cruise to Split
Day 2 : Cycle on Hvar Island (20km/12.5mi)
Day 3 : Cycle the length of Hvar Island, cruise to Korcula (22km/14mi)
Day 4 : Cycle Korcula Island, cruise to Makarska on the mainland (37km/23mi)
Day 5 : Cruise to Omis on mainland, cycle to Cetina Canyon, or optional rafting (44km/27mi)
Day 6 : Cruise to Brac, cycle to Postira, optional hike (32km/20mi)
Day 7 : Cycle on Solta Island, return to Trogir (20km/12.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Trogir (close to Split Airport)
- 7 nights accommodation in a twin cabin below deck with ensuite facilities on board a standard boat (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin, surcharge applies for premium boat departures). If you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins are configured with a combination of bunk beds (upper and lower, or split-level), a double bed or two lower beds. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a French bed (quite cosy for two people as it is a little smaller than a double) and a single bunk bed above. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 7 dinners (does not include drinks)* - the cook on board is a member of the crew. The meals begin with dinner on day 1 and ends with breakfast on day 8. *Note that the included lunches and dinners are not clearly labelled on the daily itinerary as they depend on sailing conditions on the day and from time to time we may substitute one of the lunches for a dinner or vice versa, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (mountain bike option available on select departures running parallel with standard itinerary, distances vary; 8-speed electric bikes available on most trips, limited supplies; - supplements apply). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Experienced crew including English speaking cycle guide
- Bed linen and towels
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Travel to and from Split (Trogir)
- Upgrade to a cabin on deck or single cabin, or premium boat – supplement applies
- Drinks on board and meals not included
- Water flat rate, visitors tax and local charges EUR50pp (adult) or EUR25pp (child up to 16) to be paid to the captain. Note in 2020 the rate is EUR50pp (adult) or EUR25pp (child up to 16).
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips for crew and tour guides (see pre departure information provided on booking)
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Optional Cetina rafting - booked and paid locally
- Entrance fees
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability.
- Optional Bicycle insurance - can be booked on arrival and paid in cash locally. EUR10 per person for hybrid bike, EUR20 per person for mountain bike or electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Taxi transfer from the airport or your hotel to the boat (allow approx EUR20) - or reservation on request for an additional cost on embarkation and disembarkation days only, please ask our office for details
- Secure parking space in Trogir - reservation essential, paid in cash locally to the tour guide. EUR30/week for a car up to 6m in length, EUR50/week for a car longer than 6m.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Croatia Bike & Sail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2021, a deposit of 343 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Croatia Bike & Sail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Croatia Bike & Sail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.