- Wine tasting tour
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Roundtrip transportation with local English speaking guide
- Cellar tours and wine tastings at 3 different Brunello wineries
- Visit to Montalcino and the Abbey of Sant'Antimo
Travel south of Siena on the ancient Roman Cassia road to the famous wine hill of Montalcino. Enjoy a first stop at a small winery, walk along the rows of vines, explore the cellars and learn about the different barrels that can be used to make this 5-year old, prestigious wine. Enjoy an introductory tasting of the famous Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino wine and contemplate its complexities and legendary aging potential.
Visit the hill town of Montalcino, the place that gives its name to this famous wine. Marvel at the fortress walls where the brave soldiers of the Republic of Siena made their last stand against Florence and the army of the Medici Family. Spend time visiting the towns squares and streets, browsing the stores and enjoying the incredible views overlooking the valleys and vineyards below.
Be welcomed into a family-run winery, meet its owners, winemakers or workers and take a visit around the farm before sitting down to enjoy a traditional Tuscan meal accompanied by the farm's delicious wines.
Enjoy a brief visit to the mystical Abbey of Sant'Antimo, a church that was once part of a large Benedictine monastery and explore its ancient spaces set in the postcard-perfect landscape. Enjoy a walk around the grounds and see the ancient trees that permeate peace and tranquility.
Take an afternoon visit to a third winery, where we deepen our knowledge of the wine making processes, the tools used from the vineyard to the cellars to care for the vines and wines. Explore the different aging barrels that are both small and large and always made of oak, which the Brunello wine must age in. Finally, sit down for another tasting of this nectar of the gods and enjoy its persistent flavors.
Of the many wineries of the area, we normally choose to visit small and medium sized wineries that work in harmony with the surrounding nature, whether certified organic or not. We believe that they make premium wines that are richer in character and more difficult to find elsewhere, often more interesting and pleasant that the simpler and more mass produced wines made by larger wineries.
On some occasions the itinerary might vary a little. In this case, the tour could be slightly modified but will maintain a similar general imprint, of the same duration and with all the same inclusions.
- Tour of 3 separate wine estates with Brunello wine tasting
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch on farm
- Visit of the Sant Antimo Abbey
- Visit to the hill town of Montalcino
- Expert English speaking driver/guide
- Guided tour of Montalcino
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease indicate any dietary restrictions or food allergies.