- Bicycle tour
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle along the stunning coastal highway with incredible Pacific views and beaches Ride through everchanging tropical scenery, alongside coffee farms, volcanoes, banana plantations and rainforest Hike in Manuel Antonio National ParkExplore the waterways of Tortuguero National Park in search of wildlife
Take in the variety of Costa Rica by bike, pedalling past rainforest, volcanoes and stunning sections of coastline. From San Jose we cycle south with vast Pacific views to the right and dense forest to the left. Crossing the 3400m Cerro de la Muerte pass into the Orosi Valley we ride past coffee plantations and volcanoes to arrive on the fertile Caribbean plains where banana plantations take over the landscape. We take a break from the saddle to explore the wildlife-rich rivers and waterways of Tortuguero before travelling to La Fortuna, a lovely spot located at the foot of Arenal Volcano.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: Ride to Rio Tarcoles.
Day 3: Boat tour; cycle to Playa Bejuco.
Day 4: Wildlife hike in Manuel Antonio N.P; to Ciudad Cortes.
Day 5: To Osa Peninsula; ride to Puerto Jimenez.
Day 6: Ferry to Golfito; ride to Rio Claro; transfer to Las Cruces.
Day 7: Cycle to Paso Real; transfer to San Gerardo de Rivas.
Day 8: Cycle to Perez Zeledon; transfer to the Orosi Valley; cycle to Tapanti Media.
Day 9: Ride to Turrialba.
Day 10: Cycle to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.
Day 11: To Tortuguero.
Day 12: Boat trip; ride and transfer to La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano.
Day 13: Cycle to Bajo Rodriguez; to La Garita de Alajuela.
Day 14: End San Jose.
- 13 nights hotels all en suite,All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- 12 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader and staff. ,Tour/Cycling leader and support team throughout
- 80% tarmac, 20% unpaved tracks
- Routes mainly follow quiet roads
- Min age 16 yrs
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 166+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
What is the daily mileage of each portion of the trip?
The daily distance you cover on a bicycle on this tour is:
- Day 1: 0 miles (no cycling today)
- Day 2: 42 km / 26 miles
- Day 3: 29 km / 18 miles
- Day 4: 55 km / 34 miles
- Day 5: 76 km / 47 miles
- Day 6: 22 km / 14 miles
- Day 7: 51 km / 32 miles
- Day 8: 29 km / 18 miles
- Day 9: 40 km / 25 miles
- Day 10: 47 km / 29 miles
- Day 11: 43 km / 27 miles
- Day 12: 22 km / 14 miles
- Day 13: 64 km / 40 miles