- Visit the picturesque Azeitão region, known for its wines and cheeses
- Admire breathtaking views of the Arrábida Natural Park mountain range
- Visit 3 wine cellars and taste fine regional wines
Head south from Lisbon to Azeitão, a picturesque region noted for its cheese and wine. You’ll visit 3 of the region's wine cellars, taste fine locally produced wines, and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery. Sample local cheese and sweets as well.
On this full-day tour you’ll travel to Azeitão, an area that’s well known for its wines and cheeses. You’ll visit some of the region's top wine cellars and taste fine wines.
The first stop is at the renowned cellars of José Maria da Fonseca, where you’ll learn about the winery’s history and sample some of its wines.
Next you’ll visit Quinta de Alcube, a wine cellar owned by a family for over a century. It is a traditional cellar that produces only 250,000 bottles a year. The wines are sold directly to customers, making it difficult to find them in shops.
Your third and final tasting stop is at another family owned cellar, Lima Fortuna, where you’ll learn what they produce and taste the famous cheeses, sweets, and also a liqueur that’s made from a 450-year-old recipe.
In addition to all the tastings, you’ll marvel at the views of the Arrábida Natural Park and its mountain range.
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel in Lisbon or the cruise port
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van
- Entrance fees
- Wine tasting, cheese, and traditional sweets
- Bottled water
- Private guide
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description
Note that if you are on a shore excursion from the cruise port, the tour times are flexible.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.