- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Choose you own adventure on your way to the mother of all Inca cities – magical Machu Picchu. Test yourself on the challenging Classic Inca or Inca Quarry trails, or take the train for a more leisurely experience.
- Marvel at the evergreen splendour of the untouched Amazon. Explore rainforest trails with a local guide, looking out for wildlife and medicinal plants, and stay in a tranquil jungle lodge overnight.
- Head on a guided stroll through charming Cusco with your local leader, where Inca temples and Spanish cathedrals line the cobblestone streets – Peru’s true cultural and historic centre.
- Sleep in a mudbrick hut on the shore of vast, ancient Lake Titicaca during a homestay in a traditional Andean community, and visit the floating reed islands of Uros with your small group.
The wonders of Peru and Bolivia await as you walk beneath the Amazon Jungle's lush canopy, trek the llama-filled plains of the Sacred Valley and stroll the cobblestone streets of Cusco on this 15-day journey from Lima to La Paz. Search for monkeys and medicinal plants in the Amazon, tackle the ancient road to Machu Picchu, experience a homestay in a traditional community on the shore of serene Lake Titicaca and finish in La Paz, where indigenous communities continue to form much of the city’s cultural fabric. With the option to see Machu Picchu by trek or by train, plus the expert knowledge of local leaders at all stages of your adventure, the Sacred Land of the Incas will no doubt leave you breathless – in more ways than one.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Sacred Valley / Ollantaytambo
Inca Trail / Inca Quarry Trail / Train
Inca Trail / Inca Quarry Trail / Train
Inca Trail / Inca Quarry Trail / Train
Inca Trail / Inca Quarry Trail / Train (Machu Picchu)
Lake Titicaca Homestay
- Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (8 nights), Jungle Lodge (2 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Boat , Bus , Canoe , Plane , Private minibus , Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lima - Leader-led walking tour
- Amazon Jungle - Jungle activities
- Cusco - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cusco - Chocolate Museum Visit & Hot Chocolate
- Sacred Valley - Community visit & lunch
- Cusco - 3 Night/4 Day Inca Trail (or 2 Night/3 Day Inca Quarry Trail)
- Machu Picchu - Entrance and guided tour
- Lake Titicaca - Boat tour & Homestay
- Any international flights to Lima and from La Paz are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sacred Land of the Incas tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sacred Land of the Incas tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sacred Land of the Incas tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sacred Land of the Incas tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, which can cause altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details on travelling at altitude and ensure you are familiar with signs of AMS.
- Please note that this trip can be partnered with other adventures into a ‘combo’, which means that some of your fellow travellers may have begun their journey before today, and some may carry on to further destinations at the end of this tour. If you’d like to spend more time in South America, have a look at the combos that include this trip’s itinerary: Galapagos & Peru Adventure (GGSYC), Explore Peru & Bolivia (GGSUC).
- If you tackle the Inca Trail the hiking can be strenuous, and this trip is therefore recommended for those with a moderate level of fitness. However, you have the option of staying in Cusco for a few days and meeting trekkers at Machu Picchu if you do not wish to hike the Inca Trail. Please note that even aside from the trek to Machu Picchu, this tour is fairly active.
- Be sure to wear sturdy footwear that's suitable for hiking. See the ‘What to Take’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more information.
- Those who walk the Inca Trail will be camping with basic facilities. It's not exactly luxury, but the rewards of the trek make it worth it!
- The Amazon Jungle can be very hot and humid, so it's important to drink plenty of water and wear light cotton clothing. Be sure to bring tropical-strength insect repellent.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.