- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lima: Experience the beautiful 'City of Kings' through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Machu Picchu: Spend a full day exploring the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911 after being forgotten for centuries. A Local Expert helps you understand the enigmatic fortress abandoned by the Incas in the 16th century.
- Sacred Valley: At a local camelid farm, meet llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicuña and enjoy an insight into how their soft wool is used to make beautiful woven textiles.
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
Andean peaks, Amazonian rainforests and Incan ruins treat you to a mystical world of natural beauty, vibrant civilizations, other-worldly relics and colonial towns. Savour the mouthwatering delights of local cuisines, including dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Rio de Janeiro and a selection of Peruvian delicacies at the esteemed MAYTA in Lima. On select Chairman’s Collections departures, join Dr. Francisco Diez-Canseco Távara for an exclusive experience at his beautiful home. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
Day 1: Arrive in Lima, Peru.
Day 2: Lima, City of the Kings.
Day 3: On To The Sacred Valley.
Day 4: Exploring the Sacred Valley.
Day 5: Journey to Machu Picchu.
Day 6: Mysterious Machu Picchu.
Day 7: Return to Cusco.
Day 8: Colonial Cusco.
Day 9: Lake Region of Peru.
Day 10: Islands of Lake Titicaca.
Day 11: Puno, Back to Lima.
Day 12: Fly to Santiago.
Day 13: The Sights of Santiago.
Day 14: Valparaiso and Wine Country.
Day 15: Fly to Buenos Aires.
Day 16: Beautiful Buenos Aires.
Day 17: Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.
Day 18: The Falls of Iguassu.
Day 19: The Great Waters.
Day 20: Rio de Janeiro, City of Samba.
Day 21: Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.
Day 22: Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.
Day 23: Depart Rio de Janeiro.
- Lima: Savour an innovative selection of Peruvian cuisine during a Highlight Dinner at Astrid y Gastón, among South America’s most famous restaurants.
- Sacred Valley: Experience a caja china lunch, a popular way to create a delicious meal in Peru, cooked in a wooden box.
- Lima: Located in an unparalleled setting within the compound of a 1500-year-old adobe pyramid built by the original inhabitants of Lima, the menu at Huaca Pucllana is creatively Peruvian, with fusion touches spicing up classic criollo cooking.
- Lima: Enjoy a Highlight Lunch at Amor Amar in a trendy, bohemian district.
- Santiago: Savour a Highlight Dinner at a cafe in Lastarria, Santiago's trendiest neighbourhood.
- Buenos Aires: Enjoy dinner at Piegari Carnes.
- Buenos Aires: Savour a delicious meal, and enjoy fabulous live music, solo singers and a breathtaking display of authentic tango at Rojo Tango.
- Buenos Aires: At San Antonio de Areco, one of the prettiest towns in the Pampas, enjoy a delicious asado lunch at La Bamba de Areco Estancia and a glimpse into the life of an Argentinian gaucho during an equestrian show.
- Rio de Janeiro: Indulge in a classic buffet style lunch amid a lavish setting at the Belle Époque, Confeitaria Colombo.
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy elegant bayside surroundings with a Highlight Dinner at the flagship Fogo de Chao, a typical Brazilian Steakhouse where a variety of meats are barbecued in authentic 'churrasco style.'
- Rio de Janeiro: Your Farewell Celebration Dinner is served at the Michelin-starred MEE Restaurant, the vision of celebrity Chef Ken Hom and led by Executive Chef Kazuo Harada.
- Dining Summary: 22 Breakfasts (B), 9 Lunches (L), 4 Lunches with wine (LW) and 13 Dinners (DW).
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city’s most prominent restaurants, situated on the lively, modern patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art. This contemporary Peruvian haute cuisine restaurant offers an artistic dining experience, candlelit for a dazzling evening ambiance.
- Lima: Over a hot chocolate or authentic café pasado, learn the secrets and discover the unique flavour of Peruvian coffee with an expert barista.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Lima: Meet painter, sculptor and local legend, Víctor Delfín, best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture in Parque del Amor, Miraflores. Explore his oceanview workshop in the arts district and chat with Victor as he shares stories about his life.
- Rio de Janeiro: Meet an Ipanema local, Bossa Nova musician and composer Cecelo Frony. Join him for a walking tour of this famous neighbourhood.
- Any international flights to Lima and from Rio de Janeiro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Grand South America tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Grand South America tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Grand South America tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Grand South America tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.