- 5 days tour from Kathmandu, including three days of short Kathmandu trek
- Enjoy sunrise views of the magnificent Himalayas from Nagarkot
- Explore the villages of Chisapani, Nagarkot and Bhaktapur
- Visit Changu Narayan, Nepal’s oldest temple
The trip starts with a short drive to Sundarijal, a popular hangout and busy picnic spot in the north of Kathmandu. Falling inside the boundaries of Shivapuri National Park, this is a place of cool shades, tall trees, beautiful streams and serene atmosphere — all in striking contrast to the noise and crowd of the city.
If you would like the package to exclude hotels in Kathmandu, and just make it a 3 day package, please click the enquiry button here at Bookmundi and we will submit a customised offer for you.
We look forward to giving you a great around Kathmandu Valley.
On arrival you will be met Adventure Connexion representative at Kathmandu Airport and transferred to the Hotel where you will stay for 2 nights. The hotel is within walking distance of the Royal Palace and other highlights of Kathmandu but sits in its own tranquil garden where flowers, lush vegetation and a waterfall take you away from the bustle of the city.
After breakfast in your hotel you’ll be driven to Sundarijal which will take around 1 hour. From here you will begin your trek to Chisapani, taking along 4 hours along the unpaved trail though the Shivpuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. Through forests of oaks and rhododendrons you’ll come across the village of Mulkharka before reaching Chisapani where you’ll stay overnight in a basic tea house.
Today you’ll continue your trek, past the northern mountain views to Chauki Bhajang, which will take around 3 hours. From here you’ll carry on for another 3 hours to Nagarkot, which has some of the most impressive views of the Himalayas, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchanjunga, showing off the majesty and beauty of the mountains. In Nagarkot you’ll spend the night at the Hotel Country Villa.
After breakfast, you will trek to Changunarayan it will take 2 hours then you’ll be driven to Bhaktapur in around 30 minutes and taken to see the Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Enter through the Golden Gate and you’ll find the square is a hive of activity, full of locals and tourists alike. The 55 Window Palace is the focal point of the square and what many people come to admire, as well as numerous other shrines and idols around the area. Then you will drive back to Kathmandu.
You are saying good bye to the mountains as your holiday tour of Nepal comes to an end today! We hope you enjoyed the Short Kathmandu Valley Trek with us, and we are sure you will be back for a trip to Himalaya again. Approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight a representative from Adventure Connexion will transfer you to the airport.
- Kathmandu Airport pickup and drop
- Welcome drinks and trekking orientation
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 nights hotel in Nagarkot with bed and breakfast basis
- TIMS Card & Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park fees permit
- Transport Kathmandu – Sundarijal and Changunarayan – Kathmandu
- Accommodation in teahouse (lodge) on twin sharing basis on trekking
- A professional English speaking trekking guide
- 1 porter for 2 people (each porter can carry only 18 kg luggage)
- Trekking staff wages, insurance, meals, transportations and allowances
- Government and local taxes.
- Kathmandu cultural tour with English speaking guide
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- 2 bottle of mineral water per day
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa and visa extension fee
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Single supplement in Kathmandu
- Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water/boiled water), laundry
- Camera/cell phone battery charge while on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Donation & tips etc