- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-34840
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Live like a local in a small fishing community.
- Hear tales of the magic village elves.
- Stare in awe at the Eastfjords.
- Feel the serenity of Myvatn Lake.
- Witness the beauty of the Deitfoss waterfall.
- Feast on nightly farm-to-table dinners
- Show more
Dotted with humbling fjords, breathtaking waterfalls, and no-filter-needed fishing villages, Eastern Iceland is an adventure unto itself. Experience this otherworldly region in its truest form on this six-day trek that’s guided by one of our expert CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) from start to finish.
Day 1: Egilsstaðir/Bakkagerdi
Day 2: Bakkagerdi
Day 3: Bakkagerdi
Day 4: Bakkagerdi
Day 5: Bakkagerdi
Day 6: Bakkagerdi/Egilsstaðir
- Local guesthouse (5 nts)
5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD60-80 for meals not included.
- Private minivan/bus, hiking, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group. Borgarfjörður eystri Village Walk and Valley Hike. Stórurð Hike. Dettifoss Waterfall Visit. Leirhnjúkur Lava Fields Hike. Visit Hverir and Myvatn Geothermal sites. Moors and Breiðavík area Hike. Borgarfjörður Harbour Visit. Brúnavík area Hike. Seyðisfjörður Village Walk. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Borgarfjörður eystri Village Walk and Valley Hike
- Stórurð Hike
- Dettifoss Waterfall Visit
- Leirhnjúkur Lava Fields Hike
- Visit Hverir and Myvatn Geothermal sites
- Moors and Breiðavík area Hike
- Borgarfjörður Harbour Visit
- Brúnavík area Hike
- Seyðisfjörður Village Walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Egilsstaðir are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trekking Eastern Iceland tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trekking Eastern Iceland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trekking Eastern Iceland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trekking Eastern Iceland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.