- Visit the sacred Machu Picchu
- Traverse 12 biozones
- Staying at the comfortable Eco Quechua lodge featuring authentic Peruvian hospitality
Weave between bustling Andean communities and ancient Incan ruins on a four day trekking adventure.
Tiring days of hiking culminate at comfortable Eco Quechua lodge featuring authentic Peruvian hospitality and cuisine.
Incan culture never fails to amaze at Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley - learn their history via guided tours. Traverse 12 biozones, moving from fertile valleys to magnificent mountains on a journey through Peru's lush jungle.
Please see the itinerary for day-by-day details.
6:00 – 6:30 am: Early morning pick-up in your hotel lobby by an Eco Quechua Adventures representative. Transportation service through the amazing Sacred Valley with stops in various archaeological ruins along the way and fantastic photo opportunities. We cross over the 4,316m high Malaga Pass at the base of massive glaciers, arriving in Santa Maria in time for lunch. After, we prepare ourselves for an afternoon hike along the Inca jungle trail, reaching Eco Quechua lodge at the end of the day where you will enjoy a special candlelit dinner in our riverfront restaurant. (L,D)
Day 2 | Eco Quechua Lodge – Coffee Tour – Llactapata Inca Trail – Eco Quechua Lodge
After an early start and a hearty breakfast, we take our vehicle aprox. 30 minutes to the beginning of the Llactapata Inca Trail. We walk gradual up to the coffee farm where local coffee experts will teach you about sustainable growing practices and coffee’s vital role in Santa Teresa´s social and economic evolution. After tasting the result of the plant to cup process, we head up hill for 2-3 hours towards Llactapata pass (2, 700 m/8, 900ft). Where we come upon a distant but quite special view of Machu Picchu from the southwest, one which few tourists ever glimpse. An added value are the Llactapata Ruins, which have recently been restored. Lunch is provided at the check out point, in view of Machu Picchu. We then begin our final descent to the Aobamba River through lush bamboo forests and more orchids and coffee plantations (2-3 hour descent). After, you can head to the hot springs for a well deserved treat after your hard work or simply relax in a hammock at the lodge, listening to the birds and the sound of the river, or get a massage.
(Total hiking time: 6-8 hours. Hiking level: moderate to challenging). B/L/D
Day 3 | Eco Quechua Lodge – Canopy (Zip line) – Eco Quechua Lodge
Awaken to a symphony of birdsong and enjoy breakfast before embarking on today’s adventures: the Canopy Tour (zip line). After lunch at the lodge, spend the afternoon at your leisure, relaxing before beginning your next day´s adventures.
In the evening, dine on gourmet delicacies by candlelight and then visit the upstairs lounge for a drink before going off to a restful night´s sleep.
Day 4 | Eco Quechua Lodge – Machupicchu – Cusco
After breakfast you can relax a bit before heading to the station for your train to Aguas Calientes, a short (30 minutes) scenic train ride away.
Today is spent exploring the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu with your tour leader. In the afternoon, we return to Aguas Calientes to board the train for our journey back to Cusco. We get off at Ollantaytambo and change to motorised transport, arriving into Cusco in the early evening. (Breakfast in your hotel; it´s recommended to purchase a box lunch before heading to Machu Picchu.) B/
- Transportation from Cusco and drop off in Cusco.
- Eco Quechua Inca Jungle trail trekking tour or ground transportation to the lodge (depending on your preference).
- Service of a bilingual guide (Spanish/English) from day 1 to the last day of the tour.
- All meals except breakfast on the first day and the last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
- Your stay at Eco Quechua Lodge
- Transportation to the Colcamayo (Santa Teresa) hot springs and entrance fee.
- Llactapata Inca Trail
- Coffee tour.
- Guided visit of Machupicchu Sanctuary (includes entrance fee and transportation to the site).
- Train transportation (Hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes, and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo).
- At the lodge we provide filtered water, local coffee, tea and local organic seasonal fruits free of charge.
- In an effort to reduce plastic waste on the trail and
- At the lodge we encourage guests to use refillable water bottles. For this purpose we provide an ample supply of the highest-quality filtered water.
- Meals not specified, tips, optional tours,other expenses and services not specified on this itinerary.