- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Exodus takes more clients to the summit of Kilimanjaro than any other UK operator
- Stand on top of a continent for an unforgettable experience
- Climb the world's largest freestanding mountain
- The Rongai route is much less crowded than Marangu and Machame routes
With its gentle gradient and sense of unspoilt wilderness, the Rongai Route approaches Kilimanjaro from the north and is less crowded than the most popular trails. We trek through farmlands, forest and alpine moorlands as we approach the beautiful summit cone. This route allows an extra day for acclimatisation under the imposing spires of Mawenzi, before the arduous final ascent. The final climb begins in darkness but our reward is an incomparable dawn vista over the sweeping East African plains.
Day 1: Start Marangu.
Day 2: Begin ascent through Rongai Forest (2600m).
Day 3: Climb to Kikelewa moorland (3600m).
Day 4: Steady ascent beneath Mawenzi (4330m); afternoon acclimatisation.
Day 5: Cross lunar desert of the 'Saddle' to Kibo, at the bottom of summit cone
Day 6: Early start to reach Gillman's Point in time for sunrise over the crater rim;
on to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa (5895m). Descend to Horombo
Day 7: Continue descent to Mandara and Marangu.
Day 8: End Marangu.
- 2 nights comfortable hotels, 5 nights full-service camping in three-man tents, private toilet tents provided , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- 6 days point-to-point trekking with steep ascents and descents
- Full porterage throughout
- Altitude maximum 5895m, average 4000m
- Full moon departures
- Exodus is a member of the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP)
- Tour leader throughout
- Kilimanjaro Park Fee
- Any international flights to/from Kilimanjaro Marangu Route are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 142 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.