Lobuche East Peak, an eye-catching trekking peak, is a great little challenge. Its South Face goes down to the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier. Lobuche East is ascended by moving up a marked notch hiking up steep snowy slopes. Most of the times, the peak is ascended on a ridge leading up to the summit.
Lobuche East peak will reward you stunning views of mighty Mt. Everest as well as many peaks in the Rongbuk region of Tibet. The ecstatic period you will get after scaling one of the famous Peaks in the Everest region will be a memorable experience, rewarded among others by stunning views. Other great mountains that you will witness are Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, and Mt. Makalu. On this trip you will also get several changes to sip tea with local sherpas and hear about their mountain adventures.
This peak is recommended to be done during Mar-June and Sep-Mid-Nov. We are looking forward to providing you with a fantastic climbing experience, even of you are not experienced within mountaineering.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (gateway to Mt. Everest 3,440 m), overnight at guesthouse
Day 03: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse
Day 04: Trek to Tyangboche (3,867 m), overnight at guesthouse
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche (4360 m), overnight at guesthouse
Day 06: Another rest at Dingboche for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse
Day 07: Trek to Lobuche (4950 m), overnight at guesthouse
Day 08: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5400meters) and back to Gorakhshep (5160meters), overnight at guesthouse.
Day 09: Trek to Kalapatthar (5545meters) and back to Lobuche, overnight at guesthouse
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche East Base Camp (5200 m), overnight at tented camp
Day 11: Rest day at Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
Day 12: Ascent High Camp of Lobuche East Peak (5400m.), overnight at tented camp
Day 13: Summit day on Lobuche East Peak (6119m.) and back to Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
Day 14: Trek to Pheriche (4200 m), overnight guesthouse
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guest house
Day 16: Trek to Lukla, overnight at guest house
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Airport transfers (domestic).
- Lobuche East Peak climbing permit fees.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees.
- Food and fuel during the trip period (full board breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee/hot chocolate, seasonal fresh fruits, boiled water).
- All guesthouse and tented camp accommodation during the trekking and climbing period; North Face, Salewa, Mountain Hardware or similar tented camp.
- High altitude climbing leader (Sherpa guide) licensed by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA)
- Expert cook (to cook hygienic food) and kitchen boy to help in the kitchen.
- Porters / Yaks to and from base camp (carry food, tents, and equipment).
- Group climbing equipment including ropes, ice screws, snow bars, harness, carbine, eight figure etc.
- Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu.
- Satellite phone.
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- Rescue and evacuation arrangement.
- All camping equipment such as sleeping tent, store tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs and necessary kitchen utensils.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All government paper works, procedures and taxes.
- Duffel bag and trekking map.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepalese restaurant.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa (US $ 30 cash and two passport size photo required).
- Personal climbing gear.
- Your international flight (to/from Nepal)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Gratitute (tip) for the staffs.