- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
The Salkantay Trek will take you through unique and varying landscapes with the scenery nothing short of breathtaking! Photographers will experience sheer ecstasy as we walk along ancient and solitary footpaths: from picturesque grassy highlands to flourishing cloud forests, where luxuriant tropical rainforests meet colossal snow-capped mountains. The Salkantay Trek is off-the-beaten path and authentic. You will be spirited away into a world of phenomenal beauty and abundance of nature, with sacred solitude and hours of deliciously quiet contemplation.
Since the ancient Incan times, the spectacular glacier-capped peak of Mount Salkantay has been considered as sacred and the protector of the local people and their crops. The name Salkantay or Salcantay is a Quechua word meaning invincible, wild or savage. Thus, Salkantay is often called "Savage Mountain". Salkantay (Nevado Salkantay), or Sallqantay in Quechua, is the highest peak of the Cordillera Vilcabamba, which forms part of the Andes Mountain Range, rising to 6271 meters above sea level (20,574 ft). Salkantay is located less than 50 miles from the city of Cusco.
We are looking forward to taking you on a great hike.
Day 1: Short Trek from Soraypampa to Soyroqucha
Day 2: Views of Mount Salkaytay
Day 3: Jungle Hike
Day 4: Llaqtapata Inca Ruins - Machu Picchu
Day 5: Machu Picchu Tour
- Transport to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Meals (4B, 4L, 4D)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu (does not include Huayna Picchu)
- Horses to carry all the equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc)
- Emergency horse in case we need it
- Boiled drinking water from day 3 onwards
- Trekking guide, knowledgeable in history, tradition, fauna and flora
- First Aid Kit, carried by your guide
- Equipment (sleeping tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table, chairs, air mattresses)
- Duffle bag if needed
- Round-trip bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (expedition)
- One night hostel accommodation in Aguas Calientes (If you prefer a hotel instead we can arrange it at an additional cost)
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Lunch on the last day at Aguas Calientes
- Tips for staff
- Huayna Picchu tickets
- Earn US$ 27+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.