- 1.37K views
- ~ mins read
Warm November weather in most parts of Argentina encourages a spike in tourist activities. Several top destinations are easily accessible and activities are abundant throughout the country. While visiting Argentina, travelers can embark on trips to UNESCO heritage sites like Iguazu Falls or laze out on the famous beaches in Bariloche. As the last month of Argentina’s shoulder season, November offers something for any traveler.
- Sally & Oscar
The summer heat gradually settles across Argentina as spring transitions to summer in November. Major tourist spots see ideal temperatures throughout the month. In Buenos Aires, the mercury hovers between 22°C to 25°C during the day, while the northern areas ideal tropical climates. Here, you will find sunny days with less precipitation. The temperature settles around 25°C to 28°C, and occasionally to 31°C to 33°C.
In Patagonia, the average temperature ranges between 12°C to 15°C. The region gets occasional rain in November, which could hinder your plans — especially if you have planned trekking trips to Ushuaia and nearby destinations like Tierra del Fuego National Park. Otherwise, the weather is mostly pleasant and suitable for the outdoors.
For in-depth information, check our guide on the best time to visit Argentina.
Weather in Argentina in November - Rainfall and Temperatures
|Avg Daily (°C)||29||25||26||22||19||16||15||17||19||22||25||28|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||20||19||18||15||11||8||8||10||11||14||16||18|
|Avg Daily (°F)||85||77||79||72||67||61||59||63||67||72||77||83|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||68||67||65||59||52||47||47||50||52||58||61||65|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||100||90||90||100||80||30||50||50||50||80||80||90|
|Avg Daily (°C)||22||25||28|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||14||16||18|
|Avg Daily (°F)||72||77||83|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||58||61||65|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||80||80||90|
There are a lot of things to do in Argentina in November. The peak traffic crowd is yet to settle in November, therefore you have most of the attractions to yourself even if you are visiting some of the most popular destinations in Argentina.
- Outdoor activities: November is an ideal month for outdoor activities. Whether you wish to go sightseeing in Buenos Aires with your family or explore the beautiful landscapes of Patagonia, you can have easy access to all.
- Reasonable prices: With the high season on the horizon, the prices start going up, but if you plan and book your accommodations in advance, you should be able to get ahead of price hikes and get the best deals on your flight and accommodations.
- Beautiful beaches: November is a great time to take advantage of low tourist traffic and visit famous Bariloche beaches that will be crawling with people in a few weeks. Head to Playa Serena with its peaceful atmosphere and clear blue waters for a quaint family vacation, or Playa Bonita for windsurfing, kayaking, and scuba diving if you’re an adventure seeker.
- Cultural events: Mark your calendar for the most prominent cultural events if you’re traveling to Argentina in November. Noteworthy ones include the opening of Patagonian fishing season in Junín de Los Andes and the Buenos Aires Museum Night.
Beat the tourist crowds to popular Patagonian parks and beaches, go hiking in a National Park, and don’t forget to experience a local festival for a full-package experience.
- Whale watching: November is the last month of whale mating season when southern right whales visit Puerto Madryn’s Playa Parana en masse. Their visits start to taper off as the month comes to an end, so it’s your last chance to book a boat tour and catch a sight of the whales.
- Hiking: November weather is perfect to traverse popular hiking trails. A trip to Los Glaciares National Park and Tierra del Fuego National Park would both make great destinations to explore before heavy tourist traffic sets in.
- Iguazu National Park: Located on the border of Argentina and Brazil, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is the home of the world’s largest waterfall system. Iguazu Falls are almost 3km in length, with the highest point being over 80m tall.
- Local festivals: Argentina in November is a travel haven for culture fanatics. You can attend Fiesta de la Tradición — the lively annual gaucho (horsemen) festival — on 10th November in the quaint town of San Antonio de Areco. After that, head out to Puerto Madryn for Lamb Festival to see how the locals reclaim their culture and values, and feast on lamb delicacies cooked the traditional way.
- Buenos Aires Pride Parade: Held on the first Saturday of November, the grand annual March of Pride has to be the highlight of the month! Whether LGBTQ+ or not, it’s a great opportunity to let loose, party, and enjoy one of the liveliest events of the year.
With tourists yet to start arriving en masse, November is a great time to take advantage of the last of Argentina’s shoulder season. The peak spring month is quite possibly one of the best months to explore Argentina’s many National Parks. It’s also a very active period culturally, with some of the most beloved events, like Fiesta de la Tradición and Pride Parade falling in November.
Wondering how long it takes to cover it all? Check out our travel guide on how many days to spend in Argentina for more ideas and insights. If you need help with planning a customized trip to Argentina in November, you can always reach out to our local travel experts who can devise a tailored itinerary for you. You can also browse through our trips to Argentina in November for instant inspiration.