- City sightseeing
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Delhi, both new and old, with a guided walking tour of its historic walled heart and a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk marketplace.
- With plenty of time to explore Mumbai at your own pace, why not delve into the incredible heritage quarter, check out the circuslike Chowpatty Beach, or find a chai wallah for a spot of tea – it’s up to you!
- Witness the one and only Taj Mahal. Seeing this Mughal marvel for the first time, in all its dazzling white marble, is a moment you won’t forget.
- Goa may be a goldensand beauty, but there’s more to life here than simply chilling by the beach – you could opt to tour an organic spice farm and gorge on a sumptuously spiced Goan feast instead.
From spice-filled bazaars to white sandy beaches, opulent palaces to spice plantations, discover India in all its glory on this well-balanced 15-day adventure with Lonely Planet, powered by Intrepid. Delve into a world of delicious street food, ride rickshaws through narrow alleyways, stroll by beautiful lakes and forested hills, mingle with Mumbai merchants, and explore centuries-old icons. Finish up on the shores of easygoing Goa, where yoga, cocktails, and golden sands are all you need to chill out after the bustling big towns of India. Now that’s an idyllic Indian adventure.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Udaipur – Overnight Train
Mumbai – Overnight Train
- Hotel (12 nights), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- Overnight sleeper train , Train , Auto rickshaw , Cycle rickshaw , Metro , Private vehicle , Shuttle bus , Public Bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking tour
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Savitri Temple
- Pushkar - Brahma Temple
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Mumbai - Chowpatty Beach
- Mumbai - Gateway of India
- Mumbai - Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Goa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delhi to Goa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi to Goa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi to Goa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi to Goa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening. Light layers are the best way to tackle this disparity in weather. Please also ensure that you use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- This trip involves some long overnight train journeys, including a nine-hour overnight train to Goa. While this can be tiresome, entertaining chai wallahs (tea vendors), food vendors, and conversations with locals make this a rewarding experience. For your own security, take a lock for your hand luggage on the sleeper train journey.
- You will also be travelling by local bus on this trip. While conditions are basic, this is a great way to rub shoulders with the locals while enjoying the passing scenery, as well as keeping the cost of your trip down.
- There is plenty of free time for your choice of optional activities on this trip, so please make sure you budget for things you may like to do during your spare time.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.