- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16-80 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Tour Code BM-21995
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in Tanzanian
- Enjoy stunning views of Mawenzi Peak and Kibo Peak
- Reach the highest point in Africa
- Traverse the Shira Plateau from one end to the other
We will pick you up from your hotel or accommodation in Moshi and drive you to Londorossi Gate on the first day of the tour (one night's pre-tour accommodation included in the tour price). Hit the trail after all the formalities are done.
Spend the first two days travelling through a rainforest to reach Shira Ridge after which comes the Shira Plateau. Unlike the popular Machame Route, which only passes through a section of the plateau, the Lemosho Route crosses the entirety of the plain from west to east. The routs climbs upward from the plateau via Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu (known as the southern circuit) to reach Kilimanjaro summit.
In addition to having less traffic, this route is considered by many to be the most scenic route to the top of the mountain. Enjoy panoramic vistas of the mountain from different angles during the trip. We will drop you off at your accommodation in Moshi after the tour is over.
Day 1: Moshi – Londorossi Gate – Mti Mkubwa Camp
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa Camp – Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp1 – Shira Camp 2
Day 4: Shira Camp 2 – Lava Tower – Barranco Camp
Day 5: Baranco Camp – Barafu Hut
Day 6: Barafu Hut – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Camp
Day 7: Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate – Moshi
- Airport pickup and drop off. Private transport between your hotel and the starting point of the trek
- 2 nights at a hotel in Moshi, one before the climb and one after. Accommodation during the trip in tented camps
- All national park entry /camping fees
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as hot drinks during the trek. Other meals as per the itinerary
- Staff: Experienced, English-speaking tour guides. Assistant guides, porters and professional cooks
- Kilimanjaro National Park's rescue team fees
- All government taxes
- Spacious tents, sleeping mats, camping tables, chairs and a separate dining tent
- Portable oxygen and complete first aid kit ( to be used in case of emergency only). An oxymeter (to be carried by your guide)
- Hot water for washing will be provide everyday during the trek
- 3 - 4 litres of mineral/treated water per climber provided daily during the climb
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificates upon completion
- International airline tickets
- Tanzania visa
- Items that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Tip to your guides, porters and cook. We recommend USD 20 for head guide per day, USD15 per cook per day & USD 10 per porter per day. The amount can be split between each traveller in the group
- Personal hiking/trekking gear (some gear can be rented with us)
- Meals other than those mentioned on the itinerary & snacks
- All alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks
- Optional tours
- Save US$ 99 today.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?