- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Tour Code BM-10221
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Challenge yourself and be among the few to trek this new Kilimanjaro route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Explore the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge, before crossing the Shira Plateau. The route then heads north and circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut, before summiting from the east. Descend is made via the Mweka route.
NB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2 Camp
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower to Moir Hut
Day 5: Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp
Day 6: Buffalo Camp to Third Cave
Day 7: Third Cave to School Hut
Day 8: School Hut to Uhuru Peak to Mwica Camp
Day 9: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
- 8 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches and 8 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Airport transfers
- Climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.