- The amazing wilderness
- Dense rhododendron forests and deep valleys below the Annapurna
It is possible to complete the trek in 3 days but the normal duration is 5 days. Natural diversity, an unrivaled view of the mountains from the high vantage point of Poonhill, and the picturesque view of sunrise over the Himalayas are the main attractions of this trekking route.
The adventurous journey to Poonhill passing through numerous tourist hotspots of Kaski district is very pleasant. The path winds through verdant valleys, dense rhododendron forests and icy waterfalls, where you can get some rest after some hard trekking. Around each corner is the alluring sight of the high mountains, which you will see clearly as you reach the highest point of this trek.
The trek to Poonhill involves an ascent from 1070 m to 3210 m. Throughout the trek, you can observe the picturesque mountain ranges, the amazing wilderness, the lifestyle of the native communities like Gurungs, dense rhododendron forests and deep valleys below the Annapurna, with the pleasant peak of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail Peak) dominating the horizon.
In the end, you will climb Poonhill early in the morning to enjoy the most astonishing scenery of the mountains on earth as the sun rises and touches the Himalayan giants like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, as the orange hue slowly spills over the snowy white mountains. Mere words are insufficient to describe the sense of serenity and awe one feels when looking at the sunrise from Poonhill.
Day 02: Pokhara - Tirkhe Dhunga . (1495m).
Day 03: Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani (2850m). (approximately 5-hrs).
Day 04: Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3201M) and trek to Tadapani:
Day 05: Tadapani to Ghandrung.
Day 06: Ghandrungk to Birethanti and on to Pok
- All your arrival and final departure from airport- Hotel- airport.
- Two night standard hotel in pokhara on B/B
- All your standard meals like, Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner, during the trek.
- Tea house Accommodations during the trek.
- Equipment like sleeping bag, Down Jacket & needed things etc if you do not have your own.
- All ground transportation bus or car as per needed.
- Well English speaking guide, experienced, with government license holder.
- A Guide, food, Transport, Accommodation, Salary, equipments, e.t.c. All paid.
- Monastery fees.
- Insurance of staff.
- Trekking Permit. (National Park fee)
- TIMS (trekkers’ Information Management System.)
- First aid service.
- All kinds of Drink’s like Mineral water, beer Juice, Coke, fanta, other alcoholic hard drink’s, ETC.
- Sweet things like chocolate and others.
- Your personal expenses.
- Your international airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).