- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 20 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover unique gems of the Khumbu region while trekking on Everest sidetrails
- Cross three high passes in the Everest region: Kongma La, Cho La & Renjo La
- Visit the remote and untouched Nangpa La Valley
- Climb Kala Patthar and Gokyo Ri while touring the six Gokyo Lakes
On our trekking adventure, we cross three high passes in the region: Kongma La Pass (5,535 m/18,159 ft), Cho La Pass (5,420 m/17,782 ft) and Renjo La Pass (5,340 m/17,520 ft). We will also reach the Everest Base Camp, climb Kala Patthar and Gokyo Ri as well as tour the six Gokyo Lakes. This route also introduces trekkers to the remote and untouched Nangpa La Valley, the Sherpa village of Marlung and the monastery village of Thame.
Everest High Passes Trek is an ideal choice for true adventure seekers looking for a challenging trek in the Everest region of Nepal.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu: sightseeing and trek preparation
Day 3: Fly to Lukla; trek to Phakding
Day 4: Phakding to Namche Bazaar: 11km
Day 5: Namche Bazaar: Rest and acclimatization
Day 6: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche: 10km
Day 7: Tengboche to Dingboche : 9km
Day 8: Dingboche: Acclimatization and rest
Day 9: Dingboche to Chhukung; climb Chhukung Ri: 14km
Day 10: Cross to Kongma La pass; trek to Lobuche: 10km
Day 11: Lobuche to Gorak Shep; visit Everest Base Camp: 13km
Day 12: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar to Lobuche: 7 km
Day 13: Lobuche to Dzongla: 6km
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo via Cho La pass: 6 km
Day 15: Rest day in Gokyo; climb Gokyo Ri
Day 16: Gokyo to Marlung via Renjo La Pass: 11 km
Day 17: Marlung to Namche Bazaar: 15 km
Day 18: Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 19 km
Day 19: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 20: End of the tour
- 19 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 18 dinners
- Airport pickups and drop-offs in a private vehicle
- 4-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners in Kathmandu
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after the trek)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- International flights
- Nepalese visa fee
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night's accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from the mountains (due to any reason other than the scheduled itinerary)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationPAYMENT A deposit of 30% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking. TRAVEL INSURANCE It is a mandatory requirement for joining any of Himalayan Glacier’s trips that you possess all necessary and valid travel insurance that covers unanticipated comprehensive expenses such as medical issues, accidents, rescue & evacuation or other unseen natural calamities, including repatriation costs. Learn more about insurance coverage for different activities and the prominent insurance companies before you plan your trip. VISA Acquiring required visa(s) is the sole responsibility for every individual traveler before planning your Everest High Passes Trek as visa requirements may vary depending on the nationality of an individual traveler. For most nations, there is a visa on arrival provision in Nepal’s International Airport. However, we recommend that you check with your local consulates which represent the country you will be traveling to, as a part of this program as well as find more details about passport and visa requirements in Nepal. IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU? ⚫ The trip involves a 20-day trek to Everest High Passes trek at an altitude of 18,193ft (5,545m). So, one needs to be in excellent fitness and sound health conditions for doing this trip. First time trekkers may require to do certain exercises and short day hikes prior doing this trek. Here is everything we need to know about this trek: Everest High Passes Trek FAQs - ⚫ The weather is very unpredictable up in the Himalayas, which can lead to delayed or canceled flights to or from Lukla, before or after our trip.So, it is always advisable that you have a few spare days considering the bad weather. ⚫ The teahouses in the mountains are the trekking lodges that we will be sleeping for the nights. They are very simple with only basic facilities, unless we don’t book for a luxury trip that provides more-than-basic lodges at all available places. Access to charging ports may incur an extra cost if we need to charge any of our electronic devices, and Wi-Fi may not be available at all locations or may be available and may cost extra. ⚫ Packing for this trip totally depends on the season we will be trekking. See the complete packing list here: Complete Everest Base Camp Trek Packing List - Himalayan Glacier. ⚫ On this trekking route and at the teahouses, we will encounter many other hikers or trekking groups. If you are seeking for a quieter trail with less travelers and wish to spend more time trekking through local communities rather than walking on more established routes, check our Langtang, Gosaikunda&Helambu Trek, Khopra Ridge Community Trek, or Nar Phu Valley Trek. COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES We operate this trekking trip by containing the following COVID-19 safety protocols: ⚫ This trip abides to all the updated safety guidelines for travelers, as issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local authorities. ⚫ The tour will be operated by adopting COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardized protocols. ⚫ A group will be limited to not more than 6 trekkers, for now, with concerns about COVID-19 safety for all travelers. ⚫ We have prioritized hygiene protocols on the entire trip encouraging travelers to mask up, wash hands regularly, sanitize and practice physical distancing as much as possible. FOR SOLO TRAVELERS We do not guarantee to provide a twin-sharing room for solo travelers as it may not always be available. However, we will try to accommodate you in one, unless you don’t request for either a single room, wherever feasible. A single supplementary charge may be applicable if you are traveling solo and you are the only person in the group. If you have opted for twin-sharing room during the booking process but the option is not available, we will get back to you after you complete booking your trip. COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES We operate this trekking trip by containing the following COVID-19 safety protocols: ⚫ This trip abides to all the updated safety guidelines for travelers, as issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the local authorities. ⚫ Solo or small group tours will be operated by adopting COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardized protocols. ⚫ To keep our visitors safe on this tour, we have implemented several COVID-19 distancing measures. ⚫ We have prioritized hygiene protocols on the entire trip encouraging travelers to mask up, wash hands regularly, sanitize and practice physical distancing as much as possible.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?