It is possible to walk this trek in either direction, but acclimatisation is easier if you travel from east to west per our itinerary. This means that from Lukla, the entrance point of the Everest region, we will hike to to Dingboche, then Chhukung, crossing the 5,535m Kongma La Pass (the hardest of the 3 passes) to Lobuche. From Lobuche we will trek to Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar, crossing the 5,420m Cho La Pass to Gokyo, and finally from Gokyo hike over the 5,345m Renjo La Pass down to Thame, Namche Bazar and finally reach back Lukla, from where we will fly back. This trek offers so many stunning views and great experiences; undoubtedly giving you many fond memories. It will be a circuit trek meaning that you will not have to walk on the same trek up and down.
This trek is rather hard, but people in a reasonably fit shape can do it. If you are in doubt as to your physical ability we recommend adding a porter (you can book such via check-out on this site).
We are looking forward to taking you on an adventure of a lifetime.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m)
Day 03: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (3446m)
Day 04: Trek to Tengboche (3,820m)
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche (4410m)
Day 06: Acclimatization at Dingboche
Day 07: Trek to Chhukung (4730m)
Day 08: Trek to Khongma La Pass to Lobuche (5535m)
Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m) descend to Gorak Shep (5140)
Day 10: Ascend to Kala Pattar (5554m) & trek to DZonglha (4830m)
Day 11: Trek over Cho La Pass (5330m) & trek to. Trek to Gokyo (4720m)
Day 12: Acclimatization at Gokyo
Day 13: Exploration day (explore 5th Lake and Gokyo Ri (5360m)
Day 14: Trek over Renjo La Pass (5,345m) & trek to Ledgen (4560m)
Day 15: Trek to Thame (visit a monastery) (3820m)
Day 16: Trek to Namche 2,840m
Day 17: Trek to Lukla 2,840m
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu (1300m) & transfer to hotel
- Airport pick up/ drop and all ground transports in private vehicle
- 1 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 2- 3star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Experienced guide and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag (if needed)
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee.
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Farewell dinner
- Government taxes & office service charge
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu, also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary
- Extra nights in Kathmandu, if required
- Travel and rescue insurance (we will of course help arrange the necessary rescue setup, if any)
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters