Dhampus peak is the perfect spot from you can get views of the awe-inspiring altitude variation between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. During this expedition you will get great close-up views of the following peaks: Tukuche peak, Dhaulagiri I (8163m), Nilgiri (6940m), Sita Chuchura (6611m), Tukche Peak (6920m), Thorong Peak (6484m), Tilicho peak (7134m), Yakawa Kan (6482m), Mukut Himal (6639m), Puth Hiunchuli (7246m), Tangu Peak (6197m), Tsarste (6347m) and Hongde peak (6556m). We will also explore the beautiful hamlets around the valley of Kaligandaki.
The trail to Dhampus Peak will follow the west edge which connects us to the Dhampus pass (5200m), where we will set our high camp. The next day we will summit Dhampus peak and thereby reach an altitude of 6,012 meters. Atop the summit we will get fantastic views of the Himalayas, and also feel the great achievement it is to have summitted a Himalayan peak.
The best season to go for this climbing expedition is Spring (Mar-May) and Autumn (mid Sep to Mid Nov). About thirty different peaks can be witnessed from the top of the peak, making it a unique vantage spot to take up mountain vistas.
We have designed a unique itinerary and are looking forward to taking you on great adventure.
Day 02: Climb preparation / Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley, Hotel
Day 03: Drive to Beni, O/N at guesthouse
Day 04: Drive to Tukuche, O/N at guesthouse
Day 05: Ascent to first camp of Dhampus peak (4000m), O/ N at tented camp
Day 06: Ascent to second camp (4900m)
Day 07: Ascent to highest camp (5200m)
Day 08: Summit day (6012m)
Day 09: Descent to second camp
Day 10: Trek down to Tukuche, O/N at guesthouse
Day 11: Trek to Jomsom, O/N at guesthouse
Day 12: Fly out to Pokhara, Hotel
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 15: Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination
- Airport transfers (domestic and international both).
- 4 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti in Kathmandu and 1 night at Hotel Trek - O - Tel in Pokhara, or similar, and including breakfast.
- Mt. Dhampus Peak climbing permit fees.
- Annapurna Conservation entrance fees and TIMS permit fees.
- Food and fuel at base camp and higher camps during the expedition period.
- North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps.
- Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
- • One high altitude Sherpa per every 4 climbers (1:4) who assist you whilst climbing and doing the summit attempt as well as will carry food and gears to the high camp.
- Expert cook and kitchen boy.
- Porters / Yaks to and from base camp.
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
- Restop toilet bag.
- Satelite phone (Pay Call).
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- All camping equipment such as store tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, table, chairs and necessary kitchen utensils.
- Jomsom - Pokhara flight for you and the staff.
- All government paper works and procedures, applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulation.
- First aid medical kit, duffel bag and trekking map.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepalese restaurant.
- Personal climbing gear
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra hotels in Kathmandu (after 4 nights).
- Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, Satellite phone etc.
- Gratitute for the staffs.