- Explore the medieval castle of Barletta
- Visit the "Winery of the Challenge"
- Discover the historic center of the medieval town and the Cathedral of Santa MariaMaggiore
Among the sculptures preserved in the castle, you can visit the bust of Emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen of Swabia limestone, dating from the thirteenth century.
Next, visit a historic winery, called the "House of Poison", is the building now known as the "Winery of the Challenge".
It was here that was launched the challenge to a duel from 13 italian knights vs 13 French knights, fought in the countryside of the neighboring town of Trani.
After the winery, you will discover the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore of the twelfth century, the most important church in Barletta.
The cathedral is divided into two parts, the front is typically Romanesque architectural style of the twelfth century, while the final part is of Gothic architectural style of the fourteenth century.
The tour will end with a visit outside the palace of baroque architecture called "Della Marra" with paintings of the painter Giuseppe De Nittis and the visit of the bronze giant named Heraclius next to the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Certified tour guide
- Ticket castle + winery: 6 euro (3 euro over 65 and students)
- De Nittis Picture Gallery Ticket (optional visit): 6 euro
- Transfer service
- Transfers to / from Bari airport/port are available on request