- duration 3 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4565 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Spot wildlife while trekking from the surrounding Arusha National Park
- Trek through African montane forest
- Enjoy significantly less crowds than Kilimanjaro
- Excellent bird life and game drives in Arusha National Park
The mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m. Located within Arusha National Park, Mount Meru is Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some wildlife that inhabits the area.
A beautiful mountain to hike on its own, it is also great for pre-Kilimanjaro acclimatization or as part of a trilogy of East Africa's highest peaks. For those looking for a more wide-ranging African experience, the trek is the perfect complement to a safari experience.
FOR SAFARI PART:
Hans is an awesome animal seeker and spotter, well informative with a wealth of knowledge about everything in the National Parks.
We can’t say enough about Brian who organizes this trip from our first email, the choice of accommodation was breathtaking, we had our recommendations but he advised other cozier accommodations which we trusted and was the best.
FOR KILIMANJARO PART:
is more about the team led by Faza and his team of porters and chef they are story teller and the trip would not have been the same without them. I went into this excited for the physical adventure but I learned so much which was just icing on the cake making the trip that much better. These guys are amazing cooks (I wish they sold a guide cookbook, I ate way better on the trip than I do at home) and made sure each and everyone one of us was well taken care of. We had a group of 7 plus our two guides which was the perfect size and afforded us the ability to split up into two groups on the second day so part of the younger group could trek fast than the older ones. The hike in and out was not as bad as I expected just make sure you are well hydrated and eat plenty of snacks and drink enough water, which the guides make sure you do.
All in all I can't recommend this trip with Dahlia Tours enough! I am a professional travel advisor and will be recommending this trip and company to all of my clients. We are selective about the companies we work with, only partnering with the most reputable companies who will take care of our clients and have them coming back raving and wanting to do another trip. I am glad I was part of this trips”
Day 1: Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board)
Day 3: Summit Day (Full board)
- Airport transfers (arrival and departure)
- Hotel lodging the night before and the night after the climb. Accommodation in sleeping huts during the trip. Both based on double occupancy
- Transport from the hotel to the trailhead and return
- Dinner and breakfast the day before and breakfast the day after the trek. All meals during the trek
- All park fees
- All meals and water on the mountain, including large portions of fresh, nutritious food
- Rescue fees
- Guides, porters and cook salaries and park fees
- Flying Doctor Service
- Hut accommodation on the mountain
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional tours
- Save +US$ 28 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.