- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4565 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Spot wildlife while trekking from the surrounding Arusha National Park
- Trek through African montane forest
- Enjoy significantly less crowds than Kilimanjaro
- Excellent bird life and game drives in Arusha National Park
The mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m. Located within Arusha National Park, Mount Meru is Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some wildlife that inhabits the area.
A beautiful mountain to hike on its own, it is also great for pre-Kilimanjaro acclimatization or as part of a trilogy of East Africa's highest peaks. For those looking for a more wide-ranging African experience, the trek is the perfect complement to a safari experience.
Day 1: Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board)
Day 3: Summit Day (Full board)
- Airport transfers (arrival and departure)
- Hotel lodging the night before and the night after the climb. Accommodation in sleeping huts during the trip. Both based on double occupancy
- Transport from the hotel to the trailhead and return
- Dinner and breakfast the day before and breakfast the day after the trek. All meals during the trek
- All park fees
- All meals and water on the mountain, including large portions of fresh, nutritious food
- Rescue fees
- Guides, porters and cook salaries and park fees
- Flying Doctor Service
- Hut accommodation on the mountain
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional tours
- Save US$ 28+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.