- Enjoy a spectacular view of the canyon and walk through the historic center
- Visit the incredible ancient rock caves of Sassi di Matera
- Admire the Casa Grotta, furnished from the 1700s
- See location sites from the Mel Gibson movie The Passion of Christ
The itinerary begins in the square Pascoli, with a wonderful view of the Sasso Caveoso and the hill called Murgia. You will pass by the Palazzo Lanfranchi, houses the Museum of Medieval and Modern Art of Basilicata, and the nearby church of the Carmine.
The tour continues through the heart of the old buildings to the church of San Pietro Caveoso.
Visit to a typical "Casa Grotta (Cave House)" excavated in the rock with furniture of rural culture to the beginning of 1900.
You will pass near the cave church of Saint Lucia delle Malve, will visit some of the most important frescoes.
The tour continues to the Sasso Barisano following the ancient ravine.
Return to the center of town and walk around the baroque area with a visit to the most important churches in this style: St. Clare and St. Francesco di Assisi.
End of the tour with the discovery of the Romanesque cathedral.
- Certified tour guide
- Transfer service
- Food & Drink
- Transfer service to / from Bari airport / port on request