- Drive through terraced fields, rural settlements, and amazing views to beautiful ‘Lake Cit
- Poon Hill ( 3210m) enchants with the stunning sunrise view.
- Eye-catching peaks like Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhare, Nilgiri, Annapurna I, and m
- Walk through splendid rhododendron and oak woods
If you only have 7 days available but still want an authentic trekking experience and still want to experience the Himalayan mountains close-up, we highly recommend the Poonhill trek. It requires a moderate level of fitness.
During this trek you will get a chance to de-stress and get unparalleled panoramic views of the great mountains: Annapurna I, Machhepuchhre, Nilgiri, Annapurna South, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, and Tukuche.You will also get an opportunity to explore the local customs and traditions of the Gurung and Magar people, well known for their Gurkha soldiers residing in Ghorepani.
We are looking forward to providing you with a fantastic 7 days adventure in Nepal.
After breakfast, we set off on the long drive to Pokhara, the second largest city in Nepal. The scenery along the road is dramatic and you will see rivers, valleys, cascading rice terraces and rocky gorges. Upon arrival, we will check in to the hotel. In the evening, you can enjoy leisure boating on the scenic Fewa Lake and see the magnificent reflection of Mount Machhapuchhre and the Annapurna Range in the crystal clear water of the Lake (a wonderful photo opportunity!) Overnight at the hotel - breakfast included.
Day 02: Drive Naya Pul (New bridge), to Tikhe Dhunga (1495m) Duration: 4 hrs
After breakfast, we drive to Naya Pul via Lumle village. We walk for about 20 minutes to Birethanti and then head towards the main streets of Birethanti. After walking through the bamboo forests and passing a large waterfall and swimming hole, we reach Ramghai where we have our lunch. After lunch, we ascend gradually up to the side of the valley until we reach Tikhe Dhunga. We spent the night at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 03: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m) Duration: 7 hrs
The trail after crossing a stream on a suspension bridge near the camp site at Tikhe Dhunga, ascends a steep stone staircase (which has about 3300 steps) to a large Magar village of Ulleri at 2080m.The trail climbs gently through pastures and cultivated fields. After an hour long walk, there is a camp site for a rest and water. The trail crosses two sparkling streams before making a short, final climb to Nangethanti where we stop for lunch. From Nangethanti we will climb to Ghorepani at 2850m, where we can see the splendid vista of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Tukuche Nilgiri (6940m), Annapurna I (8091m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and Tarke Kang (7193m). In the winter the trail can be covered with snow. We spent the night at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 04: Hiking-Poonhill (3210m) and trek to Tadapani (2500m) Duration: 6 hrs
Today, we hike to Poon Hill, early in the morning where we will able to view the magnificent sunrise and a panoramic view of the Himalayas, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fishtail, and others. Then we return back to Ghorepani, enjoy our breakfast and continue walking to Tadapani. We spent the night at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05: Tadapani to Ghandruk (1950m) Duration: 3-4 hrs
Today, we descend steeply through forests, and reach Ghandruk village at noon. We have the afternoon to visit the Annapurna conservation office and museum. We spent the night at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06: Ghandruk to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 5 hrs
Today we walk down from Ghandruk village and meet a flat trail along the Modi Khola. Eventually we make a circuit when we reach Birethanti. We continue walk towards Nayapul. We then drive to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel breakfast and lunch included.
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathmandu (1337m) Duration: 6 hours drive
Scenic drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel, breakfast included.
- 1 professional, English speaking and certified guide
- 1 porter for 2 people
- Airport pick up and drop- off by private transport
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Pokhara
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Surface transfer to and from Pokhara on tourist bus
- Surface transfer to and from Nayapul by private transport
- Nepal Hiking Team Sleeping bag & Down Jacket and Duffle bags (if required)
- Nepal Hiking Team T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Annapurna conservation permit fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System Government taxes & office service charge
- Travel insurance
- International airfares to Nepal
- Nepal Entry visa - can by obtained at the airport, upon arrival for USD for 30 days.
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
The trek was the perfect amount of time for us! Our guide, Paban, looked after us from start to finish. He was very patient with us, a lovely guy and he had a real passion for trekking which was lovely to see. Couldn't have asked for a nicer guide! Our porter Lalman was also lovely and helped us along the way aswell! We felt very comfortable with them and we had an awesome time!
We stayed in lovely guest/tea houses along the way which are standard but authentic and added to the whole trekking experience. All the guest houses are the same standard, some better than others. So if you're looking for luxury accommodation then maybe trekking isn't for you. Nepal Hiking Team choose the best ones and ones they have been using time and time again.
We took the Poonhill Trek in August.
I would recommend Nepal Hiking Team to everyone, amazing company and well run by lovely people! You'd be silly not to choose them!”