- Spectacular views of Ganesh and Mt Manaslu, the world's eight highest mountain
- Refreshing bath in a natural hot spring.
- Local life and Culture, 1905m in Lhokpa to over 5093m at Ngula Dhojhyang pass.
- The day of crossing the Larke pass with its 5100 meters
The trek will start in Kathmandu early morning at 06:30 am where we will take a 6 hours bus drive to Arughat where the trekking will start. Arughat lies at an altitude of 700 meters.
The highest and hardest day of the trek is the day of crossing the Larke pass at 5100 meters. The fact that the trek has such a high variation in altitude also means that you will be passing through a great deal of varying landscapes and climatic zones.
The ‘Abominable Snowman‘ or ‘Yeti’ has reportedly been seen in this remote land, the Tsum Valley is also home to a pilgrimage route as it is believed that the great Buddhist Guru Milarepa once meditated in a mountain cave of this valley. On this trek you will also get to see the natural hot springs in Tatopani. It is believed that the hot water of this spring cure any kind of skin infection.
During this trek you will get spectacular views of Ganesh Himal and Mt. Manaslu, the world's 8th highest mountain. The word 'Tsum' stems from the Tibetan word 'Tsombo', which means vivid. The remote and vivid Tsum Valley is an attraction in itself. In comparison to all trips to Nepal this is the absolute highlight, with strong, friendly, hospitable people, a living Buddhist culture and untouched wildlife because of Buddhist prohibitions on hunting.
Tsum Valley is a very sacred place for Buddhists, and Tsum valley holds important old monasteries. For centuries, people here have been dependent on subsistence agriculture, grazing herds of yak, and small trade too.
As an added feature to this trek you will be visiting Buddhist Lama who will teach us about the basics of Buddhism and help coordinate a special blessing ceremony at one of the area monasteries. Buddhist Lama is also willing to lead optional brief meditation sessions for interested clients. The altitude of Tsum Valley Trekking varies from 1905m in Lhokpa to over 5093m at Ngula Dhojhyang pass on the Tibetan border.
The Manaslu -Tsum trek is a restricted trekking area and can only be done by 2 people or more.
If you have any questions to this trek, please do not hesitate to contact us via the chat.
Day 2 Trek to Labubesi (880m)
Day 3 Trek to Tatopani (930m)
Day 4 Trek to Jagat (1350m)
Day 5 Trek to Ekle bhatti (1600m)
Day 6 Trek to Chumling(2385m)
Day 7: Trek to Chhokangparo(3031m).
Day 8: Trek to Nile- Chhule(3361m)
Day 9: Trek to Mu Gumpa(3710m).
Day 10: Extra day for excursion
Day 11:Trek to Rachen Gumpa(3240m).
Day 12: Trek down to Dhumje(2460m).
Day 13:Trek to Lokpa(2240m)
Day 14 Trek to Bihi phedi (2130m)
Day 15 Trek to Namrung (2630m)
Day 16Trek to Lho (3180m)
Day 17 Trek to Samagaun (3500m)
Day 18 Acclimatizing day at Samagaun
Day 19 Trek to Samdo (3860m)
Day 20 Trek to Dharamasala (4480m)
Day 21 Cross the Larke pass (5100 m) trek down to Bimtang (3720 m)
Day 22 Bimtang to Gho (2560m)
Day 23 Tilche to Tal (1700)
Day 24 Tal to Bulbule(875m)
Day 25 Drive from Besishar to Kathmandu.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Tea house (Lodge) accommodation during the trek.
- 1 mountain guide.
- ACAP, MCAPand Manaslu and Tusm valley restricted area permit.
- Bus to Arughat bazar and again back to Kathmandu from Besisharr.
- First aid kit.
- Use of Sleeping bag, down jacket, Duffel bag and walking poles (if you don't have your own, To be return after trip completed))
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Worst case, arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service, if needed (paid by your Travel insurance).
- Nepal Eco Adventure T-shirt and cap.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms).
- Assistant guide group size above 4+ person.
- Manaslu- Tusm valley trekking map.
- Nepal visa fees.
- Meal and accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel and medical insurance.
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Drinks and beverages
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).