- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience a scenic and thrilling mountain flight
- Witness spectacular mountain views including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam and more
- Visit Tengboche monastery, the oldest Buddhist monastery in the Khumbu region
- Explore vibrant Sherpa settlements including the culture and traditions
The trek starts after an early morning flight from Kathmandu city to Lukla. On the first day, we trek to Phakding and stay overnight at lodge. The next day, we make our way to Namche Bazaar which is also known as the gateway to Mount Everest. After a day's rest in Namche Bazaar, we head to Tengboche. Tengboche is famous for its ancient Buddhist monastery. After Tengboche, we make our own way back to Lukla via Khumjung and Phakding village.
We will be using Glorious Himalaya Trekking again and I would recommend them to anyone.
Day 1: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding
Day 2: Trek to Namche (3440m)
Day 3: Acclimatization
Day 4: Trek to Tengboche (3860m)
Day 5: Trek back to Namche
Day 6: Trek back to Lukla
Day 7: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Round trip airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Airport and hotel shuttles as per the itinerary
- Twin sharing accommodation in the best lodges during the trek
- One experienced, licensed mountain trekking guide for the trek
- Everest region trekking permits and other essential entrance fees
- First aid medical kits (carried by our guide) and hiking pole for the trek
- Helicopter rescue in case of emergency. (You must have travel insurance in this case)
- Full board meals during the trek. (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Trip achievement certificate.
- All the applicable taxes and company service charge.
- Porter for the trek
- International airfares
- Your own travel expenses such as phone calls, laundry bills etc.
- Tips to the trekking guide/porter
- Nepal entry visa
- Kathmandu hotel accommodations.
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThe flight to and from Lukla can be delayed or canceled in the mountain regions due to bad weather and other unprecedented reasons that are beyond our control.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?