- Witness spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna range & it's surrounding peaks.
- Explore around Annapurna Base Camp with panoramic Mt. Annapurna view.
- Discover wide range of flora & fauna in the Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
- Hike to the beautiful high mountain Gurung village of Ghandruk.
The Annapurna trekking trail is rated one of the best in the world and trek into the Annapurna region is a different kind of experience in its lush green terrains, high mountain settlements, hidden valleys, and raging rivers. The prime feature of the trek is to reach the Annapurna Base Camp located at 4,130 meters above sea-level.
The base camp of Mt. Annapurna provides a spectacular panorama of Mt. Annapurna including other snow-capped peaks of the Annapurna region.
Please see the itinerary section for more details.
After your arrival at the airport in Kathmandu, you will be greeted by one of our representatives who will later transfer you to the hotel. After hotel check-in, you can decide whether you would like to have a relaxing rest at the hotel or hang around the streets of Kathmandu (If you have leisure time). You will be briefed about our next day’s travel plan by our company representative.
We are all set to set off to the magical city of Pokhara today. We will either board a flight or drive to Pokhara in a private vehicle. The flight to Pokhara offers a great view of the Himalayan range and mystical landscape of Nepal.
If we drive to Pokhara we will have a great opportunity to discover the beautiful rivers, green forests, hills and the magnificent Himalayas. It will take us approximately five hours to reach Pokhara by a private vehicle. Upon reaching Pokhara our representative will escort you to the hotel where you stay for the night.
We gear up for our trekking expedition today. We will be trekking to reach the beautiful village of Ghandruk today. From Pokhara, we will drive to Nayapul which is the trekking start point of our expedition. Trekking from Nayapul we will reach Birethanti from where we ascend uphill on the trail to reach Ghandruk.
On our way we way we will enjoy the great views of beautiful Himalayas while passing through the small villages like Chimrong, Syauli Bazar and Chane. We then cross a suspension bridge over the Khumlu Khola and reach Ghandruk.
Ghandruk is a beautiful village mostly inhabited by the Gurung community. Ghandruk offers superb close up views of Fishtail Mountain, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. We will also explore the Gurung museum in Ghandruk and acquaint ourselves with rich Gurung culture and tradition. Overnight, we stay at a guesthouse in Ghandruk.
We will enjoy the early morning sunrise in Ghandruk and gear up to continue our trek. Leaving Ghandruk behind, we climb for an hour up to Ghandrukkot and descend to Kimron Khola. We will then take a steep ascent until we reach Chhomrong.
We will be bestowed with rewarding views of Annapurna south and Fishtail Mountain while scaling to Chhomrong. Chhomrong is a small but beautiful village located on the lap of the Annapurna Massif. Overnight, we stay at a guest house in Chhomrong.
We will have our breakfast and head towards Dovan. The trail passes via Modi Khola and enters the wooded slopes of the Himalayas. We cross the suspension bridge and ascend to Sinuwa Danda. The trail then passes through the dense rhododendron forest and reach Khuldighar.
We will later descend along the stony slopes into the deep bamboo and rhododendron forest and reach Dovan. Overnight, we stay at a guest house in Dovan.
Our day starts with a gradual ascent following the trail above the river through the dense forest. We then cross two streams and pass through solitary places. The beautiful sceneries will make our adventure even vibrant and exotic. We may spot a variety of wildlife like wild pig, deer and snow leopard during the trek.
We will later climb to Hinko cave and ascending further we will reach Deurali. From Deurali we climb through the river bed and then climb to the mountain side. We need to be rather precarious as there are avalanche prone areas at some points of the trail.
Hiking further we reach Bagar from where the trail leads us to MBC. The MBC offers the superb view of Machhapuchhre, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna II and Gangapurna. Overnight, we stay at MBC.
Today we will be trekking to reach Annapurna Base Camp. We start our expedition enjoying the beautiful sceneries and we will also see the snow boulders melting and forming small streams. The trail widens up as we enter the sanctuary.
We will follow the stream and then climb to small settlement area. We will enjoy the breathtaking view of South face of Annapurna towering above the sanctuary. The ABC offers a magnetic view of Himalayas including Machhapuchhere, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli and other majestic peaks. We then get back to Dovan for the overnight stay.
We have our early breakfast and continue our trek to reach Jhinu. The trail leads uphill through the stone steep to the ridge before reaching Sinuwa. The trail then drops down to a hill from where we ascend to reach Chhomrong. Trekking further we reach Jhinu where we spend overnight at the guesthouse.
We start our expedition by crossing the bridge to reach the Kyumi village. From Kyumi village we trek to Syauli Bazaar and then descend down to Birethanti. We will reach Nayapul in approximately one hour from Birethanti. We will stop our trek after reaching Nayapul and catch a vehicle that will drive us to Pokhara. Upon reaching Pokhara we will check-in at the hotel and rest for the night.
We will drive back to Kathmandu on a private vehicle today. Driving back to Kathmandu is a great fun as it offers wonderful views of beautiful rivers, landscapes and traditional villages on our way back. Upon reaching Kathmandu we will organize a farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant.
The traditional dances and cultural shows at the restaurants would be a great opportunity to understand the Nepali culture and tradition. After the dinner we will get back to the hotel for the overnight stay.
Your trip to the majestic country of Nepal comes to an end today! You will be escorted by one of our representatives to the international terminal of Kathmandu airport approximately three hours before your flight schedule.
We exchange our last good-byes and now you will be leaving Nepal with all the good memories you had during the wonderful Annapurna Base Camp Trekking. We hope you had a lovely experience with us. Have a safe flight back home!
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Pokhara - Nayapul - Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide during the trek including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Breakfree Adventures T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- International airfare and travel insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.