USA - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Sure, cities like Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles find their way into many traveler itineraries. They even offer more than enough to keep you occupied for weeks at a stretch. But America’s true beauty can be found in its wine regions, national parks, picturesque drives, exotic coastline and quaint little towns.
- Ride to the top of the Empire State Building
- Gawk at the majestic Grand Canyon National Park
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Explore the natural phenomenon of Yellowstone National Park
- Take the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty
- Test your luck on the Las Vegas slot machines
- Get lost in Florida's many theme parks
- The US is a massive country, covering 3.8 million square miles. Unless you’re planning on a (very) extended visit, be sure to do plenty of research beforehand and identify the attractions you most want to see.
- Bear in mind that the US does not use the metric system like most of the world. This is especially important if driving a car, as speed limits and distances are measured in miles rather than kilometres.
- Because it’s such a large and diverse country, you’ll find plenty of differences as you travel from state to state. The people, the cuisine, the accent and even the terminology changes between states. A soft drink might also be called a soda or a pop, depending on where you are.
- Be sure to purchase health insurance before travelling to the US, as healthcare costs can be very expensive.
- You want it? You got it. No matter the time of day or day of the year, you’ll always find an open shop or restaurant as you travel through the US - from fast food chains to old 24-hour highway diners.