Tokyo - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
Tokyo Tour Highlights
- Pay a visit to Tokyo’s most popular temple SensÅ-ji, home to the Buddhist goddess of mercy, Kanon at night when the crowds have dispersed and the temple is illuminated.
- Experience the pulsing heartbeat of Tokyo at the incessant Shibuya Crossing. It is thought to be the busiest intersection in the world and has been made famous by many a film.
- Take a Tokyo tour to Ghibli Museum, dedicated to the work of Hayao Miyazaki of Studio Ghibli and a paradise for anime-lovers.
- Immerse yourself in history at Tokyo National Museum houses, the world’s largest collection of Japanese art, from samurai swords to silk kimonos.
- Dine and drink at one of the resturants or bars of Shimo-Kitazawa, a pedestrianized maze of lively bars and restaurants that attracts the artists, musicians and hipsters of Tokyo.
- Stroll and shop till you drop at Takeshita-dÅri, the Camden Market of Tokyo. It is a must-visit for fashion lovers.
Tokyo Travel Tips
- Make use of Tokyo’s world-class transportation. Get a rechargeable travel card and hop on the bus, underground and over ground systems.
- Few places in Tokyo offer free Wi-Fi so make sure you have a way to connect.
- When driving or walking, keep to the left to avoid being a public nuisance!
- Tipping is not a thing in Tokyo and will often be refused.
- QR codes are big in Tokyo, and are also really useful, so have a QR code reader app handy.