- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sleep in mountain huts on the trek.
- Witness Africa from atop its highest mountain.
- Marvel at sunrise on the summit.
At 5,895m (19,340 ft), Mt Kilimanjaro is Africa's highest peak and this adventure along the Marangu Route will get you to the top safely, quickly, and with your budget in mind. Overnight in mountain huts and awake ready to conquer the slopes. Affectionately known as the Coca-Cola Route due to its popularity, Marangu covers forests, moorlands, and the Saddle (a high-altitude desert), on its way to Kibo Hut. This is the quickest route to the summit — with a catch: The trail is well-maintained but because of the quick ascent, the success rate is not as high as other routes. Local guides, cooks, and porters will provide support during your trek and at mountain huts along the way.
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Mandara Huts
Day 3: Mandara Huts/Horombo Huts
Day 4: Horombo Huts/Kibo Huts
Day 5: Kibo Huts/Horombo Huts
Day 6: Horombo Huts/Moshi
Day 7: Moshi
- Simple hotels (2 nts), mountain huts (4 nts).
6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking.
- Certified mountain guide throughout, local representative, cook, porters.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- 5-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Marangu Route with local guides, cooks, and porters
- All permits and fees
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Marangu Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 76 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 23 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Marangu Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Marangu Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.