- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Lemosho route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rain forest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. Crowds are low until the route joins the Machame route near Lava Tower. Then the route traverses underneath Kilimanjaro's Southern Ice Field on a path known as the Southern Circuit before summiting from Barafu. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
We specialize in guiding on the Lemosho route and receive excellent reviews from climbers. Most of our clients climb Kilimanjaro using this route and they consistently report that they loved it. Thus, Lemosho is highly recommended!
NB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro.
FOR SAFARI PART:
Hans is an awesome animal seeker and spotter, well informative with a wealth of knowledge about everything in the National Parks.
We cant say enough about Brian who organizes this trip from our first email, the choice of accommodation was breathtaking, we had our recommendations but he advised other cozier accommodations which we trusted and was the best.
FOR KILIMANJARO PART:
is more about the team led by Faza and his team of porters and chef they are story teller and the trip would not have been the same without them. I went into this excited for the physical adventure but I learned so much which was just icing on the cake making the trip that much better. These guys are amazing cooks (I wish they sold a guide cookbook, I ate way better on the trip than I do at home) and made sure each and everyone one of us was well taken care of. We had a group of 7 plus our two guides which was the perfect size and afforded us the ability to split up into two groups on the second day so part of the younger group could trek fast than the older ones. The hike in and out was not as bad as I expected just make sure you are well hydrated and eat plenty of snacks and drink enough water, which the guides make sure you do.
All in all I can't recommend this trip with Dahlia Tours enough! I am a professional travel advisor and will be recommending this trip and company to all of my clients. We are selective about the companies we work with, only partnering with the most reputable companies who will take care of our clients and have them coming back raving and wanting to do another trip. I am glad I was part of this trips”
The most memorable part of our trip was witnessing thousands baby wildebeest born with lots of Cats waiting for their meal in Hot air balloon ride in the air were breathtaking, really a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
We also very much enjoyed Maasai Bomas visit, their dance, their culture preservation, their way of life was best as the word, this trip was the perfect ending to our journey.”
Day 1: Londorossi Gate (2100m) - Mti Mkubwa (2821m)
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa (2895m) to Shira 1 Camp (3505m)
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp (3505m) to Shira 2 Camp (3875m)
Day 4: Shira 2 – Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco camp (3984m)
Day 5: Barranco camp (3984m) – Barafu camp (4681m)
Day 6: Barafu camp – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3090m)
Day 7: Mweka camp (3090m) – Mweka Gate (1641m)
- 6 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Personal insurance
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.