- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- The Northern Circuit route is our newest offering on Mount Kilimanjaro
- 360 degrees of beautiful scenery all along the trail
- Good route for acclimatization giving you the highest chance of summit success
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rainforest to Shira Ridge, before crossing the Shira Plateau. Afterwards, the route heads north and circles clockwise from Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp to School Hut, before summiting from the east. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
The Northern Circuit route is certainly one of the best routes on Kilimanjaro. While you trek, you will see nearly 360 degrees of beautiful scenery as you traverse the mountain at 13,000 feet.
As the longest route on Kilimanjaro, the Northern Circuit also has the longest acclimatization time, giving you the highest chance of reaching the summit successfully. Thus, the Northern Circuit route is highly recommended.
The Northern Circuit is offered as a nine day group climb or private climb.
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport to Moshi
Day 2: Climb to Kilimanjaro through Varied Farmland
Day 3: climb to Kilimanjaro through Moorland
Day 4: climb to Kilimanjaro though Shira Plateau
Day 5: climb to Kilimanjaro through Lava tower & Arrow Glacier
Day 6: limb to Kilimanjaro through Moir Valley
Day 7: climb to Kilimanjaro Buffalo Ridge and Pofu
Day 8: climb to Kilimanjaro through the Saddle
Day 9: climb to Kilimanjaro to Gilman’s Point
Day 10: climb to Kilimanjaro Retrace though Forest.
Day 11: Moshi – Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transfer from and to the International Airport
- National park fees
- Certified and Experienced professional English speaking guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Optional acytivities
- Sleeping bag
- Personal mountain gears
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.