Looking for available travel experts
Rugged cliffs, bright pink beaches, and one-of- a-kind flora and fauna — plan your holidays in Komodo and you’ll get to see it all. This exotic Indonesian getaway is home to the Komodo Dragon, a large, dinosaur-like lizard that attracts thousands of wildlife enthusiasts to the archipelago. If you want your Indonesia travels to be filled with all kinds of exciting outdoor activities, then a trip to Komodo is not to be missed.
- Komodo National Park is the main attraction of the area, as it’s home to over 2,500 Komodo Dragons, a rare kind of lizard. In it, you will also get a chance to explore wild savannahs, thick rain forests and mangroves.
- Padar Island, one of the islets that comprise Komodo National Park, is the go-to spot for trekking. The hike might be a little demanding, but once you reach the top, you will be rewarded with some of the most spectacular views of the archipelago.
- Pink Beach is a mesmerizing sandy getaway, whose unusual color comes from a microscopic species that reflects red or pink light on the reef.
- Manta Point is one of the most exquisite spots for snorkeling, where you will be able to catch a glimpse of manta rays, gorgeous corals and other aquamarine life. If you’re lucky, maybe you spot a turtle or two!
- This region is serviced by Komodo Airport (Bandar Udara Komodo in Indonesian), which is located near the town of Labuan Bajo. It offers regular flights from both Bali and Jakarta.
- The most convenient place to stay when exploring the archipelago is the town of Labuan Bajo, which offers a wide range of lodgings for all budgets.
- It is without a doubt that your visit to Komodo will involve hiking at some point, so make sure to arm yourself with appropriate clothes and footwear, as well as heavy-duty sunscreen.