Geographically Upper Dolpo is a southern extension of Tibet, but located in the state of Nepal. Since 1984 it has been the country’s largest national park and conservation area. The park sustains an abundance of wild life and monasteries, including the 800 years old Shey Gumba (Buddhist monastery), and the legendary elusive Snow Leopard, as well as being home to a fascinating race of Tibetan speaking Nepali people and their indigenous tradition and culture. You will be spending nights at isolated villages and be brought very close to the lifestyle of the local people and their culture.
Dolpo is one of the most beautiful and remote treks in Nepal, very rarely visited by trekkers. Shey Phoksundo National Park (3555 sq km) of mid-western Nepal is the focal point of Upper Dolpo.
During the Upper Dolpo trial we trek Five passes, over 16,500 feet, encountering interesting places, people, villages, valleys and serene forest of pines, oaks and rhododendron. When crossing the 5 passes many mountain peaks can be seen including Nepal’s deepest lake “Phoksundo Lake”.
Dolpo will offer you an experience of a lifetime, trekking altitude ranges from 2,500m to 5,190m. It's a unique trek in Nepal, both suited for beginners as well as more experienced trekkers.
Day 2: Fly to Juphal (2400m) 35 minute flight and trek to Dunai (2,150m) - Overnight at tented camps.
Day 3: Trek to Ankhe (2,660m)
Day 4: Trek to Renje (3,104m)
Day 5: Trek to Phoksundo Lake (3,600m)
Day 6: Trek to Phoksundo Khola (3,507m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
Day 7: Trek to Phoksundo Bhanjyang (4,402m)
Day 8: Cross the Kang La pass (5,151m) and trek to Shey Gompa (4,126m)
Day 9: Rest and exploration day at Shey Gompa.
Day 10: Cross the Saldang La pass (4,785m), and then trek to Namduna Gaon (4,400m)
Day 11: Trek to Saldang (3,903m)
Day 12: Trek to Sibu (3,942m)
Day 13: Trek to foot of the Jeng La (4,369m)
Day 14: Cross the Jeng La pass (4,845m) and trek to Tokyu Gaon (4,240m)
Day 15: Trek to Dho Tarap (4,090m)
Day 16: Trek to Serkam (3,630m)
Day 17: Trek to Khani Gaon (2,550m)
Day 18: Trek to Tarakot (2,281m)
Day 19: Trek to Dunai (2,052m)
Day 20: Trek to Juphal (2,404m)
Day 21: Fly to from Juphal-Nepalgunja -kathmandu. and transfer to hotel.
- Full board meal (veg. /non veg.) during camping, prepared by our expert cook with Tea & coffee.
- Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and other equipment during the camping trek. We will provide fully water proof two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Table with chairs, kitchen utensils, toilet tents etc.
- A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek. A cook, Kitchen helper, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Down sleeping bag / Jackets, walking poles, and other necessary equipments during the trek. (If you don't have you own)
- Special Trekking upper Dolpo permit and other required paper documents.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal -Nepalgunj-Kathmandu including transport and airport tax airport taxes.
- All our government taxes tourist service charges. official expenses.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Drinks and beverages.
- Your Travel rescue insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare.
- Your personal expenses.
- Laundry service and battery charging.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff (Tipping is expected).