While trekking, we rise from lowland of Tumlingtar on the Arun River to one of the highest Base Camps on earth, the Makalu Base Camp at 5000m. While on the way to the Makalu Base Camp, you will enjoy the views of the highest mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse and other Himalayan mountains along with Makalu (8481m) itself.
The Makalu Base Camp trek is a remote trek in Nepal and we will thus be camping. It is not an easy trek (but not dangerous either) and therefore you are required to be in good physical shape.
If you have the time, money, and physical fitness, we highly recommend this trek. You will be getting a very authentic trekking experience in a very beautiful and secluded area in Nepal!
Day 02:Khandbari to Sakurate (1893m)
Day 03:Sakurate to Num (1524m)
Day 04:Num to sedua (1700m)
Day 05:Sedua to Tashigaon(2063m)
Day 06:Tashigaon to Kauma (2500)
Day 07:Kauma to Mumbuk(3500m)
Day 08:Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (3660m)
Day 09:Nehe kharka to Shershon (4720m)
Day 10:Shershon to Makalu Base Camp (4853m)
Day 11-15:Return from Makalu Base Camp 11 to 15 days is for go down to Tumlintar, overnight at Tumlingtar.
Day 16:Fly to Kathmandu.
- 1 professional licensed and English speaking mountain guide
- Airport picks up & drops by private car.
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by car.
- Full board meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek, prepared by our cook, including Tea & coffee.
- Shared tented accommodation and all necessary equipment during the trek.
- Boiled drinking water during the trek.
- All special trekking permits & fees.
- Required number of porters, cook, and their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine, transportation.
- Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag.
- All our government taxes and administrative expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver-tipping is expected.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.