Aside from great Himalayan scenery you will also get a lot of cultural inputs such as the hospitality of the Sherpa people, charming villages, colorful festivals, and beautiful monasteries.
This trek will start from Kathmandu where we will take a short flight to the airport of Lukla, the entrance point of the Everest region. During most of the trek we will be hiking in the Sagarmatha National Park, displaying beautiful pine trees, rhododendron flowers (Nepal's national flower) and plenty of wildlife.
At Namche Bazaar, the "capital" of the Everest region we will have 1 extra day for proper acclimatisation. Hereafter we will trek to Tengboche, home to the highest Buddhist monastery in the world.
Tengboche offers great views of Mt. Everest and other known mountain such as Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse etc.
At the final days of this trek we will overnight at the delightful and scenic villages of Khunde and Monjo where we can participate in astonishing traditional lifestyle of the local Sherpa inhabitants.
After reaching Lukla we will fly back to Kathmandu, where it all began. All in all this is a great little 8 days trek and is very suitable for the ones having short time available but who still wants to experience the Himalayan mountain region and its giant peaks. The trek is not very tough and can be done by anybody capable of walking 5-6 hours a day. If you have doubts on your physical strength we recommend that you book a porter also, before checking out of trekbooking.
Day 02 : Phakding to Namche Bazzar
Day 03 : Namche Bazzar (Acclimatization)
Day 04 : Namche Bazzar to Khumjung
Day 05 : Khumjum to Tengboche
Day 06 : Tengboche to Monjo
Day 07 : Monjo to Lukla
Day 08 : Fly back to Kathmandu early in the morning after breakfast.
- Airport pick up & drop-off by private vehicle
- All standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and a cup of tea or coffee during the breakfast.
- Guest house accommodation during the trek.
- A professional mountain guide, including his food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine etc.
- Round Trip flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu after the trek, including airport taxes.
- All necessary trekking permits
- All ground transportation.
- All government taxes.
- Food and hotel while in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance. (compulsory)
- International air fare to Nepal
- Nepal visa (USD 30)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking equipment