- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Private and Group
- tour_type Private and Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- age_requirement 15+ years old
- The viewpoint of Kala Patthar at +5,600 meters giving panoramic mountain views
- Arriving to Everest Base Camp
- Sipping tea with the local sherpas and seeing Namche Bazar, the capital of the EBC region
Everest Base Camp Trek takes you there. You will find yourself in the most spectacular place ever imaginable. You will be standing in between the almighty mountains that rise above eight thousand meters and will be celebrating their splendor. The awe-inspiring views of the beautiful mountains swaddled in the glittering white snow, Everest Base Camp Trek takes you to a place beyond your imagination.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and grab your hiking boots for the accomplishment- a lifetime trophy!
After a sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu city and necessary preparations for the trek, you take a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, the starting point of Everest Base Camp Trek. After an enrapturing flight above the beautiful landscapes- parallel to the mystic mountains, you will find yourself in Lukla. You walk along the glittering Dudhkoshi river and move along a well paved path to Phakding. You ascend through the pine and cedar forests to the buzzling, colorful Namche Bazaar. You hike to Everest view hotel for the magnificent views of Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Tawache, Thamserku and other towering mountains in the Everest region of Nepal.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is an opportunity to get some insights about Sherpa life and their culture.
As you go up from Tengboche to Dingboche to Lobuche, the mountains views are clearer and nearer. Finally after few days of strenuous ups and downs, you make your way to the top- Everest Base Camp, your ultimate dream. The soaring mountain ranges right in front of you is a reward to your efforts for the trek. The jaw dropping 360 views of the peaks of Everest, Changtse and Nuptse II from the peak of Kala Patthar (5,545m), a black stone ridge, is simply astonishing.
Please check the itinerary for a day-by-day trekking itinerary.
snow capped mountains.”
What made the trek more memorable was to have a great guide and team by your side. Many thanks to Ganga & his team for making our trip so smooth from start to end. Be it answering our innumerable questions before the trek or making arrangements through it. It was all made easy for us. All we had to do daily was trek, eat, relax & sleep. We were lucky to have good weather on the first day to Lukla and surprise we had an upgrade to a helicopter ride. If you have an option then do ask for Dinesh as your guide. He was very patient, extremely hospitable & very helpful during our rescue. We were lucky enough to complete the trek till base camp, however, at Gorak Shep my husband got sick with diarrhoea and we were to be rescued to Kathmandu. Our guide, Ganga & Balaram were very helpful in assisting in a speedy rescue. I cannot thank them enough for it. We were on a roller coaster of emotions throughout the trek. Overwhelmed by the beauty of it, thankful for reaching the end but it was two torturous days at Gorak Shep when we had to wait for the rescue due to bad weather. During this tough time I had the opportunity to meet other guides from the same company. The way the entire team came together to coordinate and help us get immediate rescue as soon as weather was clear, was just impeccable.
I would strongly recommend Nepal hiking team.”
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (KTM) Kathman
Day 2: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft)
Day 3: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft)
Day 4: Namche Bazar and Everest View Hotel
Day 5: Namche to Tengboche (3860m/12660ft)
Day 6: Tengbuche to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft)
Day 7: Hike to Nagerjun (5100m/16728ft) and return Dingboche
Day 8: Dingbuche to Lobuche (4910m/16105ft)
Day 9: Lobuche-EBC (5364m/17594ft) - Gorakshep (5181m/16994ft)
Day 10: Gorakshep - Kalapattar (5545m/18188ft) - Pheriche
Day 11: Pheriche to Namche (3440m/11283ft)
Day 12: Namche to Lukla (2800m/9184ft)
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 14: Farewell
- Airport Pickup and drop off by private vehicle
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla and Lukla – Kathmandu including guide flight.
- 1 professional, English speaking and certified guide
- 1 Sharing porter between two hikers
- Assistant trekking guide for group over 5 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Seasonal fruits during the trek
- Trekking map and trip Achievement certificate
- All require trek permits
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit including Oximeter to measure your Oxygen and Pulse in high altitude carried by the guide.
- Government taxes and service charge
- Porter for solo traveller
- Porter for solo traveller
- Lunch and Dinner whist in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance
- International airfares to Nepal
- Nepal Entry visa - can by obtained at the airport, upon arrival for USD 40 for 30 days.
- Drinks (hot and cold), snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Are there bag weight restrictions for the small aircraft flight from Kathmandu to Lukla?
How much should my backpack weigh?
A properly packed backpack (not including your day pack) should ideally not weigh more than 13 kg. It is also important to note that if you are taking a flight to the start of your trek, many smaller aircraft have weight restrictions. For example, if you are flying from Kathmandu to Lukla, you are only allowed 10kg of checked luggage, and 5 kg of hand baggage. Thus, in case of a small flight, you should ideally pack a 10 kg backpack for checked luggage, and then add 5 kg in your hand baggage. You can then re-shuffel the weigt once you start your trek at the trailhead.
- Do I need a porter?